Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

How many websites do the "big time guys" own?

Status
Not open for further replies.

daveb1

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
haynes8 said:
I have well over 100 developed, be it PPC adsense site, but developed non the less.

So you're talking about the "DNForum PPC" type templates? Is there a script for that sort of thing? I know I could go and do it myself, but time is money etc.

I bought a couple of the DNForum templates and they weren't bad, although a lot of the "targeted" text wasn't at all relevent... I guess that's why they're called templates! I've gone in and changed a lot of the text, which has ended up in a lot of time spent, but at least the ads are now relevent to the text. Before, it was like the page was for motorbikes, but the ads were for sandblasting... no one was going to click on them.

Dave

Domain Days 2024

haynes8

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think there is a method to the madness, all of pages show relevent ads, but irrelevent text, I would assume this would help increase the chance of getting clicks on the relevent ads, but I could be wrong.

The more PPC templates I add, the more my adsens increases, I have gone from $10/month in sept. 05 when I first started adsense to well over 10 times that now and this month will be better than last.

And I dont consider myself a "big timer" because the bulk on my names are not worth more than 2x reg fee, but they generate well and I'll say thats the name of my game. A name that makes $20 per year is worth it to me, now consider I would estimate my total names at nearly 600 now, and if they could all earn reg fee or x2 in a year, I'm not out anything in the long run.

bladex5k

Been Around the Block
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Are all of your PPC sites indexed? Where is the traffic coming from? Because I don't think anyone would really link to a PPC site unless it is a network

haynes8

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I use sedo to decide if a name is worth the trouble of a PPC template. Not the best measure of a names, but I get an idea of traffic and if it gets clicks there(it will surely earn more on adsense). Then after a period of time I will break down and put up a PPC template. It has been a sucess for me, might work for others.

daveb1

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
haynes8 said:
I think there is a method to the madness, all of pages show relevent ads, but irrelevent text, I would assume this would help increase the chance of getting clicks on the relevent ads, but I could be wrong.

That's an interesting idea haynes8, would anyone else like to comment on or corroborate this?

Are you actually using the DNForum PPC templates, or something similar? Does everyone else have the same experience with these PPC templates? What's your CTR?

I can see the logic, but when I left the text as it was, the ads weren't relevent to the theme of the site, but rather to the text. Maybe I have something set up wrong in my pages?

What I can't see is your logic for using Sedo to park it and see how the traffic is. I've used Sedo in the past for some names I consider reasonable, and frankly Sedo are rubbish. The ads are only vaguely relevent at best, and I never made reg fee on any of them.

Dave

haynes8

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have several DNF templates, for the site I know are going to make a decent return. I use some off the shelf ppc templates for the rest, like the ones I sell here, just a generic page(s).

You are aware of the parking optimizer at sedo that allows you to set the keyword for the domain parked, otherwise its pot luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom