Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

how much can I sell my revenue domains for?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Varchar

ArcadeScript.Com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am wondering how much can I sell a domain name which I am earning an average of $10 a day from adult traffic? There is nothing special about the domain name itself. It just has hundreds of visitors everyday consistently since I got this name an year ago. I never park it as an adult name, that's why I never got visitors to click on the parking page.

So, the question is, is it fair to ask for a year of revenue? Is two year too much?

Thanks.

Domain Days 2024

Shaggy

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
All depends on the name. Is it getting typin traffic? Was it a site once before?

WhoDatDog

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
If the traffic and clicks are legitimate then I wouldn't sell it for under 84 months revenue......unless you think the Internet is going to disappear.

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
WhoDatDog said:
If the traffic and clicks are legitimate then I wouldn't sell it for under 84 months revenue......unless you think the Internet is going to disappear.

I would never consider spending nearly that much on a traffic name UNLESS it was a premium generic type-in domain.

Shaggy

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
84 months, wow. I wish I could even sell my premium names for that.

alldig

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Shaggy said:
84 months, wow. I wish I could even sell my premium names for that.

You can. I pay 84 months+ for certain generic .com type in domains (assuming no trademark issues).

WhoDatDog

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Trust me...most every person with the Monster Names in the business would not even sell their names for 150 months revenue. PPC is a very small part of the value of the great names. Of course, there are lots of crap names for sale at one or two years revenue...these names make you wonder where the traffic is coming from.

The bottom line is that if you could buy legitimate revenue names for just a few years PPC revenue then you could be a Billionaire like Mr Buffett. Most people realize this....that is why you see the Third-String Junior Varsity names for sale all of the time. A true revenue name is worth more than it's weight in gold.....that's why they aren't for sale. Simple stuff.

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
WhoDatDog said:
Trust me...most every person with the Monster Names in the business would not even sell their names for 150 months revenue. PPC is a very small part of the value of the great names. Of course, there are lots of crap names for sale at one or two years revenue...these names make you wonder where the traffic is coming from.

The bottom line is that if you could buy legitimate revenue names for just a few years PPC revenue then you could be a Billionaire like Mr Buffett. Most people realize this....that is why you see the Third-String Junior Varsity names for sale all of the time. A true revenue name is worth more than it's weight in gold.....that's why they aren't for sale. Simple stuff.

LOL, you have no idea what you are talking about in the vast majority of that post.

The "true" revenue names you speak of are VERY few and VERY hard to come by.

99.9% of traffic names sold on DNF are either:
- names from old websites, traffic drops off quickly
- type ins from current events (like movies, promotions), traffic also drops off quickly
- typo names, traffic may continue for a long time, but the legal risk is great and you might lose the name for nothing at any time

The 0.01% of names which are premium such as: Orange.com, Vacations.com, Seals.com, etc are still not worth 150 months revenue. This is because there is no guarantee domains will even be around that long (at least used the same way they are now) - look how quickly technology (especially the internet) is changing. In 2018 things will be much different than they are now, if you want to buy land or property based on 6-8% ROI that might make sense, but on domains? That's laughable.

gdubz

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
you can ask for 8 years or more revenue, but unless its an amazing generic .com, no one will buy it. Its worth only what people are willing to pay for it.

Varchar

ArcadeScript.Com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well, since it is an adult name and this is not a selling thread, I don't want to post the domain here. If interested to help me appraise this name, please PM me and I will let you know what the name is. I don't think it is generic enough but it is easy to remember. Thanks.

gdubz

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
you should just put it up for sale,and see what kind of offers you get.

Leading Names

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
WhoDatDog said:
A true revenue name is worth more than it's weight in gold....

... and how much does a domain weigh? lol :laugh:

- Rob

Varchar

ArcadeScript.Com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I actually agree to WhoDatDog. Btw, if you want to know how much a domain weigh... sell it in UK currency... (Pound). :)

SouthernTn

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
My adult domain gets like 46 clicks a day and generates $0.XX cents.. time to switch parking

Is that normal?? I dont know much about Adult clicks and etc...

Anyway, if its a term that will stay around for a while, you could easily sell it off for 3 - 5 years.. Unless it was one of those real big one word, small two-word terms then thats even higher... much higher

WhoDatDog

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I see that GT Web is up to his old tricks.....ones that involve personal attacks. You deserve more warning points. I wouldn't mind seeing you leave this board for good.

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I wasn't insulting you, just your ill informed opinion.
I have been an active member for 3 years, you just decided to show up 6 months ago and pretend you are a domain god.
We all know there is only one domain name god around here...

Anyways, that enough off topic stuff for one thread.

Varchar, if you have a name that makes $10 per day, you have to decide how much you want to sell. If you believe traffic will keep up like this for 3 years, you should be looking to sell for around $10,000. Usually when people try and sell traffic domains it is because they realize the traffic and or revenue is decreasing. If they could be sure of the traffic staying steady then they would not be selling unless they were in financial hardship.

gdubz is completely correct, when selling a name the only valuation that matters is what the highest bidder is willing to pay. It doesn't matter if it's 6 months or 6 years revenue, the highest offer is what the name is currently worth. You then have to decide if the name is worth more to you than it is to the rest of the DNF community.

SouthernTn

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Another Fight? %+|

WhoDatDog

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
The bottom line is that not many reasonable people sell their good revenue names...the ones that get obvious traffic. One of the reasons they don't is because they are better off financially to just wake up every day and accumulate the money for themselves.

GT Web makes spends a lot of time making personal attacks against people who make logical arguments, so much so, that he has over 5,000 posts to his credit.

If you think that the value of those clicks will go up in the future (Growth Stock), then you should sell it at a premium to the market...or just hold on to it. People have invested this way for years. If you believe the Internet is on shaky ground and that you might wake up one day soon and not be able to type in a dotcom address, then you should sell your name as fast as you can for whatever the going rate is.

Most people who are buying the GREAT NAMES for thousands and even tens of thousands of dollars are laughing while they do so. In the next few years you will see some sales that make the Sex.com sales price seem like a robbery.

You either believe that this opportunity will never be available again....or not. I prefer to have great names available at the prices today, so for those who don't believe....that is fine. Didn't Poker.com sell for 80K a few years ago? Probably a shocking price at the time. Look at some of the sales for 2004 at DnJournal.com.....that's just two years ago....anyone on this board could have changed their lives forever with just one of those names at those cheap prices.

Go ahead and sell your good revenue names for just a few years revenue. You will regret it for the rest of your life.

gdubz

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i think you guys should just hug it out

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
There is no point continuing this argument. I am sure WhoDatDog will use his vast knowledge to become a billionaire. He will be able to laugh at me in 15 years due to his large collection of premium traffic domains and I will be lying drunk in a ditch crying because I did not take his advice.

Did I ever say buying premium domains was bad? Did I ever say type-in domains were worthless?

All I said was that buying domain names for 15 year's revenue is a sure ticket into debt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom