Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

How to be a DNF verified member?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dale Hubbard

Formerly 'aZooZa'
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
azooza- >>>>focus<<<<

a system is set up- once again i will stress cuz it seems you didnt catch it the other time- its not the 5 bucks-

its a system that in a forum like this, should actually stand for something- not just because you paid 5 bucks- there should be higher standards-

just because you sent your utility bill to adam dicker doesnt mean anything to me-

many sellers will say in their listings:

Reserve the rights to sell to a high reputation Dnf member.
Right to refuse offers from members without established reputation is reserved.
Payment via verified Paypal from friends and established forum members.

all i am saying is- it should be something the members actually look for and use-

Smash:

1. You'll be hard-pushed to find a domainer on here that's not as sharp with their focus as me.

2. Oh, I catch the 'cuz' okay.

3. I told you already if you want a complete credit profile, it will cost you much more than $5.

4. I would trust Adam Dicker with my life. May mean nothing to you but I guess you haven't had the privilege of knowing him for a few years.

5. Show me some of those qualified 'DNF seal' sales.

As I told you before, it's only meant to be a simple verification step. No-one's about to dive head-first into a vat of boiling oil if your mileage varies.

smashfactory

Queen of Domainland
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
this has nothing to do with a credit file- as i said in post 6-

its sweet that you trust adam with your life- but many people have not known him for a few years like you have-

i have no idea what you mean in #5

Dale Hubbard

Formerly 'aZooZa'
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
this has nothing to do with a credit file- as i said in post 6-

its sweet that you trust adam with your life- but many people have not known him for a few years like you have-

i have no idea what you mean in #5
Cannot make it plainer. Stick around for another few years :D

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I always thought the verification seal is to show members that "you are" who you say you are, and not some scammer operating in the pits of Nigeria....

However I don't think the verification goes far enough, I think Identification such as a Passport or Driver License along with a Utility bill is much needed. I have no problem giving mine to Adam, we hand our ID's to cashiers and salesman almost everyday.

Salient

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
And, BTW, to all others, the verification process is FREE since you are supposed to get the $5 back in df$ :amen:

I didnt get the seal or the dnf$, so it wasnt free. If there is an admin around that can do something about it, I'll take the dnf$

Thanks,
Stuart.

Dale Hubbard

Formerly 'aZooZa'
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I always thought the verification seal is to show members that "you are" who you say you are, and not some scammer operating in the pits of Nigeria....

However I don't think the verification goes far enough, I think Identification such as a Passport or Driver License along with a Utility bill is much needed. I have no problem giving mine to Adam, we hand our ID's to cashiers and salesman almost everyday.

RG, it does a first $5 worth.

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
RG, it does a first $5 worth.

I never looked at Paypal as a source of ID, but if you combine it with a utilility bill, I suppose it can be used as one... I still think a Driver license # on file is the way to go.

Dale Hubbard

Formerly 'aZooZa'
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I never looked at Paypal as a source of ID, but if you combine it with a utilility bill, I suppose it can be used as one... I still think a Driver license # on file is the way to go.
Mine (UK) is HUBBA503102DJ9BJ

Not uniform international - that's a UK full car/motorbike licence.

TheLegendaryJP

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I used to think one's reputation is all thats needed to be trusted . Even then people do stupid things even with a good track record . There is no fail safe but every little bit of info helps in recovery.

As for me, I dont feel the need,. Heck Im just a lil ole platinum member.

Ehsan

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think DNF Verified is one of the steps to get yourself a good reputable start here amongst the members and i don't think getting Verified Logo makes you a 100% trustable person but it does help a bit in getting yourself established here in DNF and i think only a good active interactive time spent with each of the members here can insure some real sense of trust but not 100% still...

GAMEFINEST

PURE SAVAGE
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You can be DNF verified and change everything about yourself without verifying youserlf again...

ivoy

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
or you can completely alter your utility bill in photoshop and show that you are Donald Trump living in Cambodia with next year's Miss America...

...I think this thread is getting a bit silly.

And on a more positive note, I just send the $5 paypal payment and faxed my electric bill (not altered!) :) Now waiting for the lovely seal of gold!

MediaHound

Former DNF Admin
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
ivoy - seal and DNF added!
azanmi - seal and DNF added!
Stu - DNF added!

If anybody has any issues with the verification system, please send me a PM.

More information about becoming verified can be found here:
http://www.dnforum.com/dnfverified.php

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom