Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

How to choose niche for your forum?

The Raven

Level 1
Reaction score
Finding a good idea for your forum is a damn hard job because internet is existing for a very long time and almost everything is already covered. Not to mention that people are losing interest in forums and focus more on social media.
So, how to find a good niche for your forum? How to find something unique so that people don't say "Ah, yet another forum of general discussion".

Helmuts

DNForum.com
★★★★★
Reaction score
Finding a good idea for your forum is a damn hard job because internet is existing for a very long time and almost everything is already covered. Not to mention that people are losing interest in forums and focus more on social media.
So, how to find a good niche for your forum? How to find something unique so that people don't say "Ah, yet another forum of general discussion".

we are lucky here.. domain investing forums are a paradise for buying names for wholesale prices, and talking industry stuff.. IM and SEO world seems to be very competitive.. are you thinking of building a community in some niche?

The Raven

Level 1
Reaction score
we are lucky here.. domain investing forums are a paradise for buying names for wholesale prices, and talking industry stuff.. IM and SEO world seems to be very competitive.. are you thinking of building a community in some niche?
Well, I've tried many times but it's really hard to find people for what I desire and make them register. They are more into discord servers.

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You have to be passionate about the topic. You cannot just pick a high CPC (high ranking) keyword and focus your energy on it without expertise or enthusiasm in the area or it will fail.

What do you love to do? Photography, animal care (cats), etc.? All of them could be successful, but it's a slow burn and can give you burnout if you aren't enthusiastic about spreading the word.

There are already a ton of general discussion forums, so it's best to pick a niche and add that as a sub-forum just for your community of [X].

Deep Joshi

Level 2
Reaction score
You have to be passionate about the topic. You cannot just pick a high CPC (high ranking) keyword and focus your energy on it without expertise or enthusiasm in the area or it will fail.

What do you love to do? Photography, animal care (cats), etc.? All of them could be successful, but it's a slow burn and can give you burnout if you aren't enthusiastic about spreading the word.

There are already a ton of general discussion forums, so it's best to pick a niche and add that as a sub-forum just for your community of [X].
What about the Gaming niche?? can I earn 1000$ each month if yes then how??

Helmuts

DNForum.com
★★★★★
Reaction score
What about the Gaming niche?? can I earn 1000$ each month if yes then how??

Yes, potentially you can. Though it will take lots of time, effort and luck to grow your gaming forum to that level.

I think, it is easier to buy an established and dead-ish gaming forum and trying to revive it than starting a new one. Though, I could be wrong here.

You just need to try this yourself :)

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think, it is easier to buy an established and dead-ish gaming forum and trying to revive it than starting a new one. Though, I could be wrong here.
Another idea is to find dead forums with deleted domains. It's worth reg fee to see if it still has traffic, and use that traffic to point to your new gaming forum. A lot of forums died in the 2000s and might still have traffic that can convert to users that still want to talk games. I wouldn't go crazy doing this, though; get one or two and see how well they convert.

It'd take a lot of research to find forums that are no longer there... but I guarantee you'll find one.

Obviously the best method is time in your forum to create compelling content.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom