Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

How to complain about another member?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gingeman

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have had a member on here recently back out of a sale. They are a gold member but have been on here since 2004, although very few posts.
They recently posted a 'wanted thread' for sensitive names- I disclosed a few, they made an offer on one, which I accepted.

Since then, they have stopped all correspondance, although I know they have been online many times. They are ignoring all of my pm's. I have concerns over their motives for their request due to this

either way, they have backed out of one of my sales and completely abused my trust.

I want to leave them negative feedback, but I don't want it in return, as I have done nothing wrong and value my tr here.
Is there any way I can protect myself?
I don't really want details of the transaction in public due to its nature, although I could send to a mod if that may be possible to back up my claim? I'm pretty sure they don't need/want that though!
In all honesty, I think that this member should be banned as I worry they do not really buy other people's names, just collect confidential information, and pose a threat to anyone on the forum with typos etc.

Any ideas?
Thanks

Upvote 0

Johnn

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Why don't you just put him/her on your bad boy/girl list and just ignore all the offers from now on.

There is no proof that he/she did anything wrong.

Life is short/tough - Make it simple.

gingeman

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
There is no proof that he/she did anything wrong.

They have made an offer and disappeared after it was accepted Johnn. I have rock solid evidence of this. In my book that is wrong, the rest of my suspicions are granted just my own opinion, but it is not irrational.
I appreciate your point, to be honest I agree- I won't leave negative feedback if it means my own tr is at risk - my gripe then is that it makes a complete mockery of the feedback system, as I do not want to risk my own rep, yet other members should be informed...
If I just 'moved on' this member could have been doing this since 2004 to a load of people but nobody has the power to prevent it continuing. Thanks for your thoughts as always though

Johnn

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I happened to me many times too.

People just make offers via pm and when I get back to them to accept the offer then they have 1001 excuses to retract the offer.

Just ignore those people and move on.........I also tell them that I am not interested in doing business with them in the future.

gingeman

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have decided to post a warning in their wanted thread, and leave it at that. I won't be attempting business with them again. Pity the feedback system can't be 'fixed' though...

Ehsan

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
gingeman leave them negative feedback and if they leave negative feedback for you in return just PM the staff about this and i am sure they will seriously warn them.

gingeman leave them negative feedback and if they leave negative feedback for you in return just PM the staff about this and i am sure they will seriously warn them.

TheLegendaryJP

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Would be nice to know who this potential spy is, and if they care to defend themselves we can see why they backed out. JMO

gingeman

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Would be nice to know who this potential spy is, and if they care to defend themselves we can see why they backed out. JMO
I am not accusing them of being a spy, I am saying that owing to the nature of their request, I find their actions very un-nerving, and that raises my suspicions, especially since in my last pm (they have been online since several times) I expressed my anxiety about this yet they still did not respond. This thread has gotten out of hand- I have 12 pm's about it currently asking what the deal is with this guy. The truth is I don't know, cos he's disappeared from communicating, yet he's still frequenting the forum.
I don't want my name dragging through the dirt with this guy though, and the pm's have made me decide to ask a mod to close this thread now. I already decided what to do ^^.

Rockefeller

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Just leave them negative TR..its what the system was designed for, though integrity needs to be used as well.

harleyx

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
If it's _THAT_ sensitive of information (which can't be obtained anywhere but through you), you've got two options:

fax a non-disclosure agreement and make them get it signed and notorized

or

post that offers must send a non-refundable retainer of $x before whatever sensitive information will be released (and the retainer is kept unless someone beats them out with a better offer). That could work if and only if you're KNOWN and RESPECTED enough around here that legitimate buyers would feel comfortable submitting a retainer to you.

It's either sensitive enough and valuable enough to take it that seriously and spend the time doing it properly, or it's not. Simple.

csadmin

New User
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I apologize to here what has happened here. For the most part we can not do much for you because we were not involved in the transaction.

If you wish to speak to a moderator, we have a very good one who works for us called GiantDomains. Contact him and let him know that you've been advised by Ariesadmin to tell him about what is going on.

You should explain your transaction in detail to him if he requests it. If you wish to leave negative feedback for this unnamed person, then you may, however if they in return leave you negative feedback, you can very likely have it removed by either myself, another admin or even a moderator.

That is why I recommend you speak to Giant Domains, as he is very good in the mediation department and if he knows what is going on then he will be happy to help you out. If you do have any further questions please let me know.

Thank you
Ariesadmin

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom