Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

How to find out if buyer is legit?

donkon

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I recently got an email for one of my domains that I have owned for 15 years. Although I get offers monthly I usually ignore them. The highest I got offered was $1000 last month but I didn't have time to sell. Today I got an email from someone offering $10,000 for the domain. I am extremely skeptical this is legit but it is a great domain so the price wouldn't surprise me. The person offered to buy the domain through escrow and said they would pay the fee's. I am just wonder how do I find out if its a scam? is there any scams currently going around like this? I've been away from domain names and web design for a couple years so I'm a newbie.
What should my next step be? I still haven't replied to the offer etc.

Domain summit 2024

cmdomains

Level 1
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Interesting no one has responded to your post yet. Have you tried sending anyone a pm here to ask again? I'm curious too. For you to hold it for 15years and to be getting monthly offers, it sounds to be a valuable name. Perhaps this 10k offer is from one who's been trying you before and now finally stepped up.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators