Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

how to find out my domains are worth or not ..

Status
Not open for further replies.

techxp

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I like to know from experts how to find a domain is worth or not . What are the factors or scale to find a particular name is worth this much ..

I like to know few points to check the worthiness of domain.
I have bunch of domain names which are expiring and i am not sure whether to renew or not ..

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Put them up for appraisal or try Estibot.com

cleverlyslick

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
estibot has given some outrageous figures on some domains though.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I like to know from experts how to find a domain is worth or not . What are the factors or scale to find a particular name is worth this much ..

I have bunch of domain names which are expiring and i am not sure whether to renew or not ..

let em drop and save some money

Stian

www.bitweb.no
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

Forget about Estibot and other automated appraisal scripts. They are good for details (pagerank etc), but that's it.

It's impossible to appraise a domain name, as it's price depends on too many factors (e.g. the buyer), but there are a few keywords you should consider to get an approximate value:

- Search engine results for the exact keyword
- Search popularity for the exact keyword
- The extension (.com, .net, .org etc. In some cases a .org would suit better than a .com, but in most cases not)
- Previous comparable sales (look up dnsaleprice, namebio, Sedo, DNJournal, forums etc.)
- Market spectrum, how big is the niche, how many potential "end-user" do your domain have?
- Pagerank, Alexa rank, does your domain have any traffic

If your domain has traffic;

- traffic quality (is it type-in traffic, search engine traffic from an expired website etc.)
- does the traffic convert? can you monetize the traffic?
- will the traffic be consistent 1 year from now? 2 years?

You should also take into consideration if your domain is a typo or a registered trademark term which will increase the risk of UDRP/WIPO/C&D, hence decrease the value of the domain.

I hope you found some useful information there. Good luck!

Stian

www.bitweb.no
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
search egnine results doesn't have much value. As what peolpe write and what people search differs alot. For example "of trade" got 26,000,000 google results but noone search for that. My domain oftrade.com doesn't have much business value.

In most cases search engine results is a good way of finding out how generic your keyword is. Of course, for multi-word domains SE results might not always be useful, but for single-word domains, SE results is a great way of determining value.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom