Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

How to get auction offers?

eberton

Level 1
Reaction score
Hello, I'm a newbie at selling and it's getting frustrating to try to sell.
I have acquired a few domains over the years. I thought the names were good ideas for my personal projects, but, in the end, I have spent more time on "other's" projects.

My domains are listed at Goddady. Godaddy says that I could sell one of them for $1153, so I listed it for that amount.
I thought there were some kind of bounty hunters or bots that would find my "great" name and give me some, let's say, $500 offer, but after several months I got zero offers.
Then I listed it again for $278. It has been a couple of months since, no offers again...

So, I have a few questions:

- I'm expecting too much based on the Godaddy price recommendation?
- How should I try to let other people know that I have some domains that could be of interest?
- Would I have to invest some money to make a good sale?

Please, help with some advice... and thanks!

Domain summit 2024
Reaction score
Unfortunately godaddy price recommendation are meaningless. It is of course in their interest to tell people their domains are worth a lot of money but the reality is nearly all transactions are unique, buyers and sellers have different motivations, and consequently there is no formula for a domain's worth. Online automated appraisals are also worthless.

You can list your domains in the for sale section here. Park them at somewhere like Sedo, list them in all marketplaces you can find. You shouldn't need to spend money if your domain is worth having. You can also post it on the forums for appraisal but bear in mind that is only people's opinions.

eberton

Level 1
Reaction score
Unfortunately godaddy price recommendation are meaningless. It is of course in their interest to tell people their domains are worth a lot of money but the reality is nearly all transactions are unique, buyers and sellers have different motivations, and consequently there is no formula for a domain's worth. Online automated appraisals are also worthless.

You can list your domains in the for sale section here. Park them at somewhere like Sedo, list them in all marketplaces you can find. You shouldn't need to spend money if your domain is worth having. You can also post it on the forums for appraisal but bear in mind that is only people's opinions.
Thanks for the advise :)

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm expecting too much
Hi

most that are new to domaining, expect too much too soon.

you need quality domains and patience.
as it may take 10 or more years before the right buyer comes along.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators