Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

How To Improve Forum CTRs

Status
Not open for further replies.

HomerJ

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
i didnt realize forum CTRs could be so weak. from a recent thread where i posted an advertisement linking to my site, my analytics says 13 visits from this forum out of 114 views of that thread = 11.4% CTR. its not the first i have observed this phenomenon though

anyone have ideas how to maximize CTR of links you post on forums? there are probably some obvious answers and some not so obvious.

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i didnt realize forum CTRs could be so weak. from a recent thread where i posted an advertisement linking to my site, my analytics says 13 visits from this forum out of 114 views of that thread = 11.4% CTR. its not the first i have observed this phenomenon though anyone have ideas how to maximize CTR of links you post on forums? there are probably some obvious answers and some not so obvious.

I believe a 11% CTR is in reality extremely high for a forum. I am fairly certain typical forum CTRs are in the 1/10 to 2/10 of 1% range which means your CTR is as much as 100 times better than many others forums. This refers to CTR on ppc ads.

zer

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
11.4% CTR is really good. Think for a moment how you personally behave when you are browsing forums. Do you click every link somebody posts or puts in the signature? Of course not. At the moment internet has only few different distinct types of behavior patterns users fall into. There's discussions, searching, socializing etc. Understanding the mindset of users is the key getting the most out of the channel you are using to get visitors. To get 1 out of 10 people to click your link in a forum browsing mindset, that's a result you should be happy with. However, keep testing and improving, that's the only way to the top.

HomerJ

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
interesting feedback. the reason i would have thought it should be higher, is that because we have the ability to hover the mouse over the forum thread link to get a preview of what that thread is about. normally that is what i do and if nothing seems interesting i do not bother to even click to go to the thread. part of me assumes that those taking the time to click onto the thread have already some idea that they are interested in its contents, and would be more likely to follow a link pertaining to that thread. that is how i typically browse the forum.

also, what if i posted something on a cheese eating forum that i had invented a new flavor of cheese. only 1/10 of the cheese eaters will want to know about this?? :lol:

papadopulos

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
interesting feedback. the reason i would have thought it should be higher, is that because we have the ability to hover the mouse over the forum thread link to get a preview of what that thread is about. normally that is what i do and if nothing seems interesting i do not bother to even click to go to the thread. part of me assumes that those taking the time to click onto the thread have already some idea that they are interested in its contents, and would be more likely to follow a link pertaining to that thread. that is how i typically browse the forum.

also, what if i posted something on a cheese eating forum that i had invented a new flavor of cheese. only 1/10 of the cheese eaters will want to know about this?? :lol:

That's actually a good point, but I'd bet not everybody uses that form/method of browsing forums (then again maybe I could be wrong). But either way, I wouldn't be disappointed with an 11.4%CTR!:cheesy:

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom