Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

How to invest $100 in Domaining?

Siful Moni

Level 4
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Many of us get confused how to start domaining. Here I've got a plan to start domain flipping with 100$ fund.
The first and most important is patience and research to be successful in Domaining industry.

Lets start:

> Look into expired list daily and filter the valuable domains.
> Asses your watchlist that you marked valuable is still available after 2 days or registered.
> Look into expired auction and Nameliquidate to get valuable domains under $10
> Wait for popular promo offer to get some ccTLD under $1 registration.
> Register available names that has huge CPC, SV
> Look in search engine and social media to check relevant available business regarding your registered domain name.
> Send email to the potential customer and follow ups.

If you have any suggestion please add in the comment.

Domain summit 2024

Deleted member 322971123

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Well, $100 is nothing to start your domaining career but it can be workable if you know what domains get sold, how they get sold and most importantly is pricing your domain.

Some domains which I try to register and quickly flip if I have only $100 are,

GEO+Service domain name, with the help of Google keyword tool you can identify good Geo+service domain name which are available and can be sold using the outbound method.

ccTLDs,

A great entry point but not every ccTLD domain are good. I would wait for $1 promo of .CO and then register good available .CO domain at that price.

Brandable Domain,

Brandable domains accepted by brandable marketplace like SquadHelp, BrandBucket tend to have immediate resell value. I used this brandable domain reselling method and I I was very successful.

Here is a catch :- SH and BB both accept unregistered domain submission. Buy $20 or $30 worth of coin and then submit good brandable domain name which are available for registration. Not every domain get accepted but if you even got 5 domains accepted out of 30 submitted then it's still good. Register all of that 5 accepted domain name and quickly sell it to other domain investors.

Last month I sold 4 SquadHelp approved domain for $500. My total invest was in that 4 names was under $50.

Conclusion:- There is no shortcut in domaining, you need to learn a lot before you invest a single penny. I highly recommend learning about domain names.

Here is a list of the platform which I used to learn more about domain names.

DomainGraduate.com A good eduction platform by Epik.com where you can download free ebook about domain names. (I highly recommend reading full book)

Namebio (a good platform to check daily domain sales, it gets you knowledge what type of domain get sold)

DNGeek (A blog by one of the best and top-performing brandable domain investor)

This podcast of Kickstart Commerce which talk about GEO+Service domain name

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi

i think using the terms "invest" and "flipping" in the same breath,
is contrary to the notion of longevity and sustainability, of/with a portfolio and as a domainer.

as flipping means to sell quickly, therefore you're basically liquidating any potentially valuable domain you happen to stumble upon.
searching for what "you think is valuable", then sending spam emails to unsuspecting victims, also means more work
and... how many of those potentials, who already have a website...will want or need you domain name, when they already have one?

is yours better, shorter, is it a .com and they are using .org?
most who use .org, use it intentionally, so majority of them aren't interested.
do they have hyphenated domain and you have non-hyphen version in .com?
also, consider how many of your spam emails will go to junk box.

how many actually know how to write a letter, using proper english grammar?
how many know what to say and what to say if they get a reply?
how many know how much they want, for their freshly registered domain name?

it's easy to say, "go here and bid on valuable domains", but to a newbie, how do they know "what value is" and @ $10, why is it still available and why does it have value?

learn value, by reading what buyers have been and are looking for now.
read thru domains wanted section, going back 10 years, as this will give definitive view of what domainers have been looking to purchase and their budgets for such over the years.

this gives insight to rising prices for category type domains and if you're keen, then you can gather lists, based on traditional cycles of demand.
there will always be trends, but also mainstays, that are sought year after year.
like:
names for portfolio sites and or domainer related sites
blogs, forums, news, social media. media, business, finance, legal, health, etc
single words
two words
phrases
geo
short domains
etc

learn "how to buy domain names that sell themselves"
and you won't/don't have to speak for them, and you won't/don't have to explain what they mean.
then buyers will contact you because your domain "makes cents" for their usage.

and all you have to do is "wait", which gives you leverage in negotiations.

one other thing
it's okay to sell to other domainers too, as some have as much or more money than any end-user you think, might buy your domain.
to me, money is money and it's about margins and profits, so consider taking the cash, when it's beneficial to sustaining the portfolio.
and when or if you read any past sales reports, visit the domain name to see if it has been developed by enduser or if it now has ppc page with link to purchase it.
this can often tell whether the domain was bought by another domainer.

feel free to question, doubt or disbelieve
read thru my Trader Rating to see some past deals as seller and buyer.

imo...

alimohammad

Level 1
Reaction score
Well, $100 is nothing to start your domaining career but it can be workable if you know what domains get sold, how they get sold and most importantly is pricing your domain.

Some domains which I try to register and quickly flip if I have only $100 are,

GEO+Service domain name, with the help of Google keyword tool you can identify good Geo+service domain name which are available and can be sold using the outbound method.

ccTLDs,

A great entry point but not every ccTLD domain are good. I would wait for $1 promo of .CO and then register good available .CO domain at that price.

Brandable Domain,

Brandable domains accepted by brandable marketplace like SquadHelp, BrandBucket tend to have immediate resell value. I used this brandable domain reselling method and I I was very successful.

Here is a catch :- SH and BB both accept unregistered domain submission. Buy $20 or $30 worth of coin and then submit good brandable domain name which are available for registration. Not every domain get accepted but if you even got 5 domains accepted out of 30 submitted then it's still good. Register all of that 5 accepted domain name and quickly sell it to other domain investors.

Last month I sold 4 SquadHelp approved domain for $500. My total invest was in that 4 names was under $50.

Conclusion:- There is no shortcut in domaining, you need to learn a lot before you invest a single penny. I highly recommend learning about domain names.

Here is a list of the platform which I used to learn more about domain names.

DomainGraduate.com A good eduction platform by Epik.com where you can download free ebook about domain names. (I highly recommend reading full book)

Namebio (a good platform to check daily domain sales, it gets you knowledge what type of domain get sold)

DNGeek (A blog by one of the best and top-performing brandable domain investor)

This podcast of Kickstart Commerce which talk about GEO+Service domain name
Thanks a lot, Furquan for sharing some great resource with us.

hectoloza

Reaction score
Greetings, my name is Hector, I'm new to this topic, it really seems like an excellent way to earn money,

I tell you last week I bought my first domain groupsinopec.com but apparently it is blocked for the transfer for 2 months, is this correct ???

You could also tell me which page is safe to sell, I have been reviewing and apparently godaddy and has a bad reputation

And how much value do they calculate to my domain

regards

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Greetings, my name is Hector, I'm new to this topic, it really seems like an excellent way to earn money,

I tell you last week I bought my first domain groupsinopec.com but apparently it is blocked for the transfer for 2 months, is this correct ???

You could also tell me which page is safe to sell, I have been reviewing and apparently godaddy and has a bad reputation

And how much value do they calculate to my domain

regards
Hi Hector

Welcome to DNForum.com

since you are new to domaining, then...
first:
don't register any more domain names.
this is a way to earn money and also a way to lose money.

also, apparently, your review wasn't very thorough.
every marketplace has some issues, but godaddy is safe to buy and sell domain names

every newly registered domain has 60 day lock imposed by the registrar.
read the registrars TOS!

to your domain specifically, it has no reseller value
do not use appraisal tools as reason or rationale for registering domain names.

imo...

LPJxxx

Level 2
Reaction score
Hi Hector

Welcome to DNForum.com

first:

every marketplace has some issues, but godaddy is safe to buy and sell domain names

read the registrars TOS!

imo...
Hi Hector

Welcome to DNForum.com

first:

read the registrars TOS!

imo...

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators