Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

How to make great $ with drops: Pardnering with DNF on low end domains

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Deleted

DNForum Mod
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
DCG asked me to guage interest and see how many are interested in this plan.

I'm not sure if this will be just for exclusive, or if all will be able to join this plan, but I'm posting his posts to help you all understand what I'm talking about...

Also if you are interested let me know, and how much you would be willing to invest a month to this plan.

(This thread is in the Exclusive forums, so only exclusive members can read it there)
http://dnforum.com/showthread.php?t=65440
DotComGod said:
I am putting together a note that I will post later today with some tips on how to make $ with drops.

... will be posted here shortly...

-=DCG=-

Ok,

Find an industry with high keyword pricing like travel, gambling, prescriptions, real estate and so on. For this example I will use motel.

Use any drop tool to get a list for the time period, I will use Sept. 14 - Sept 17, 2004.

Here is the list after computed... the number beside the name is how many links their are in google as a one word term there are for that worm without the TLD.

askamotel.com 0
bargainkissimmeemotels.com 0
bargainrlandomotels.com 0
bettercentralforidamotels.com 0
bluesmotel.com 444
centralfloridasbestmotels.com 0
cheaporlandomotels.com 3
cleanmotel.com 16
disneyareabargainmotels.com 0
giantscausewaymotel.com 0
holidaymotelwi.com 0
kissimmeorlandomotels.com 0
lamermotel.com 0
motelier.com 1050
orlandokissimmeemotels.com 0
springhillmotelwi.com 0
superiorcourtsmotel.com 5
taebaeksanmotel.com 4
travelersmotelcleburne.com 0
truromotels.com 4
zumamotel.com 0

Any that have over 30 links in google are a good pickup.

Based on what I have said, in this group the only ones worth backordering are:

motelier.com
bluesmotel.com

and.... those 2 are good ;)

I grab alot of these types a week, and within a week of grabbing about 20% call me to buy them and I sell them for $1000 US , no exceptions. It is important to pick an area where people are not that computer literate like travel or real estate. They usually forget to renew and will come chasing it as soon as they can.

Any that don't get grabbed will still have enough traffic to bring more than what they cost you to pickup in landing page revenue.

Now where to get them, backorder them at namewinner or enom as they are much cheaper than pool. If its a really good one go ahead and drop it at pool.

any questions ask away!

I hope this is somewhat helpful.

-=DCG=-
DotComGod said:
You dont need drop tools, sign up for a free account at pool and use there keyword system. Then take the domains that fit the criteria and reg them through namewinner or wherever you want.

no cost tools!

-=DCG=-
DotComGod said:
If you catch smart drops instead of all the ones everyone is after you can make 10k a week.

I will post more info on this later and would be interested in partnering up and pooling some of these if there is other interest.

-=DCG=-
DotComGod said:
Ok , seems many interested... I will see how we can attack this next week.

Basically we can pool the names and keep an ongoing list of what we get then when one sells whoever put in gets to split the revenue.

-=DCG=-
DotComGod said:
Ok I am tyrying to come up with a way to do this, do you guys and gals have any ideas on how to organize this?

Here it is when it works you get emails like this...

--------------------

Dear Sir/Madam:

RE: mordenmotorsports.com

The above domain was registered for us and inadvertantly allowed to
lapse. As a registered company "Morden Motor Sports" this name is a
critical part of our advertising portfolio.

Please advise on procedure for obtaining the rights to have this name
redirected to our site.

Thank you

XXXX XXXXXX

-------------------------------------

My response:

We were planning on developing the name but we will sell it to you instead for $1000 US.

Adam

VisualDigits

The One
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
maybe I should upgrade to exclusive, this is a great post, thanks Mr. Deleted :)

Sarcle

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sounds like a good plan.

Mr. Deleted

DNForum Mod
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
thanks guys, pm me if you would like to join in a plan like this. Tell me what you would be willing to invest in it. I have one pm so far.

iBizStart

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I would definetly join a plan like this but sounds like it would be expensive. Also can't we just do this on our own? What will DNF be providing for us that we can't just get using pool or other services.

DomainEngineer

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I still don't understand what this plan is?

Can you be more specific how the profit will be made?

Thanks.

pelican

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
byalik said:
Also can't we just do this on our own?

Sure you can. but with more people, there will be more funds to get more domains which have a higher chance to sell some off.

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have read the thread and I am not sure what the questions are.

Some people want to each chip in money to grab a whack of domains and split revenue on it. It's as simple as that.

Sure you can do it on your own. The point is you can take my knowledge and others peoples knowledge and benefit from getting names you wouldnt normally think of that make good $.

Once again this is just to guage interest.

-=DCG=-

Ed30

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If it's set up, I'll throw some money at it.

weeps

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I would be willing to invest in this if it started. I would like to hear the answer to byaliks question aswell, whats the minimum investment you would accept? I would also like to know is there a maximum amount of people you will accept? Who will hold all the domains? Who splits up the revenue? (I'm guessing DCG but just checking). What would happen if someone runs out of money to invest but has put in a lot in the past,ect?

cyphix

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have interest... but will await answers to the above questions before going any further! :)

Mr. Deleted

DNForum Mod
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
From the pms so far I'm thinking that around 100 a month is what people are comfortable with.

I'd like to thank all for their PMS I have received on this, and I will be getting in touch with DCG soon to see what the next step is.

cyphix, what question do you have? If I can awnser it, PM me and I'll try to awnser it.

weeps said:
I would be willing to invest in this if it started. I would like to hear the answer to byaliks question aswell, whats the minimum investment you would accept? I would also like to know is there a maximum amount of people you will accept? Who will hold all the domains? Who splits up the revenue? (I'm guessing DCG but just checking). What would happen if someone runs out of money to invest but has put in a lot in the past,ect?

whats the minimum investment you would accept?
It will probably be arount 100 a month

I would also like to know is there a maximum amount of people you will accept?
Probably. We have not made a decition on that yet as to how many however, so it is not set in stone.

Who will hold all the domains?
I think DCG is a good manager, he can do that. H also has a staff that can help him.

Who splits up the revenue?
DNF has the new parking page, so he could park the names there and split the revenue to the group.

What would happen if someone runs out of money to invest but has put in a lot in the past,ect?
DCG can awnser that better then I, but again it is not all set up yet, so I'll try to get the awnsers before this starts.

weeps

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Okay I'm in. Sent you a PM too.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This plan was brought up a while ago, but never got off the ground for "Exclusive Members".

If it's ready to launch now, then count me in!

cyphix

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
cyphix, what question do you have? If I can awnser it, PM me and I'll try to awnser it.

You pretty much just answered them all for me.. ;) Btw.. you can count me in! :-D

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom