Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

How to transfer 1x1 domians out?

Status
Not open for further replies.

draggar

þórr mjǫlnir
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
1&1 won't charge you any fees but the new registrar may charge you a new registration fee (and extend the current registration by another year).

On the 1&1 site, go to your domain management page(s) and check off the domain you want to transfer out and click the pulldown by transfers and select Lock / Unlock. Make sure the domain is unlocked. Go back to the domain management screen and make sure the domain is still checked (if not, check it) and click on the info button, this will give you the authorization code.

Open up a new browser, go to the new registrar and initiate the transfer, copy the code from the 1&1 page and paste it in the new code. If the registrar needs more codes, they should supply it to you (GoDaddy also gives am order code and another code then asks for the authorization).

I've done a few domains from 1&1 to GoDaddy with no issues.

Rockefeller

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Anyone know how to transfer domain names into 1and1 without an error? I have a guy that purchased two domains from me, deal is in escrow right now pending transfer of domain names, domain names are currently held at 1and1. I unlocked the domain names and provided auth codes, then received emails from 1and1 asking to approve, which I did, then I didnt hear anything, few days later I emailed them asking what was going on, they said an internal error occured and they were working on it, its been about 5 days and still nothing. Any ideas? Drop me a PM.

draggar

þórr mjǫlnir
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Into 1&1 -

The seller gets the authorization code and unlocks the domain.

The seller sends the auth code to the buyer.

The buyer, under his account (in the domain management) clicks new-domain and searches for the domain, then selects 'Transfer this domain to 1&1". It asks them for the auth code and they enter it.

It sometimes takes a few days, they should check the status of it in their domain manager (the last column to the right).

Rockefeller

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Into 1&1 -

The seller gets the authorization code and unlocks the domain.

The seller sends the auth code to the buyer.

The buyer, under his account (in the domain management) clicks new-domain and searches for the domain, then selects 'Transfer this domain to 1&1". It asks them for the auth code and they enter it.

It sometimes takes a few days, they should check the status of it in their domain manager (the last column to the right).

Thanks! I will pass this onto the buyer since I have limited knowledge of 1and1. Thanks again.

draggar

þórr mjǫlnir
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
NP. 1&1's domain management isn't the greatest (which is why I'm moving all of my non-hosted domains over to GoDaddy) and it does take a bit of getting used to.

Not to mention quite often it is SLOW as molasses flowing uphill on a February morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom