Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

How we can respond to Parson's Elephant Mistake

Status
Not open for further replies.

ksinclair

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
With 50% of the domain registration market, godaddy is a big elephant that is not going away. No way to shoot down the Godaddy Elephant. But it sure bothers me how cavalier Parsons is, about taking the life of that elephant.

At the very least we can give less money to godaddy. I pay $7.49 for new domains; no one should pay more - look for coupon codes. Renewal codes are harder to find. Keep posting the codes in the forum!

Dont use godaddy services when you can find them cheaper elsewhere - or better. In particular, dont use godaddy hosting.

Godaddy has good customer support, so use it. Call them, get the help you need but also ask them questions about any domain questions you have; about the industry, anything you need to learn about domain; take up their time, if it can benefit you in any way. Dont think in terms of Godaddy's benefit.

I plan to keep using godaddy, and I have a great rep there, but I dont feel much loyalty to godaddy anymore. I have defended them for years in the forums, and what for? I wont do that anymore.

How else can we work together to migrate away from godaddy? What can we do?

Jonathan

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
People shouldn't be using GoDaddy because it's a terrible user interface, not because he shot an elephant.

Seraphim

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
GoDaddy being an overwhelmingly poor choice for a domain registrar has nothing to do with Bob shooting elephants (in my humble opinion). Their control panel is an absolute travesty. The constantly changing graphics heavy interface makes it difficult to find even basic functions. I've been charged for items I never purchased and overcharged for purchases that I did legitimately initiate. Their less than full grace period is nothing short of a scam. Their unwarranted seizure of domains is well documented. A disproportionate number of the recently government seized domains were hosted at GoDaddy (perhaps that's a coincidence due to their size, or perhaps not). To name just a quick few gripes off the top of my head...

ksinclair

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Jonathan and Seraphim, this thead is not about the user interface specifically; its fine if you mention that if you also comment on how we can find the alternatives to godaddy.

I have used a lot of registrars and godaddy does offer a lot of services. Would be nice if we could find alternatives for godaddy for each of the things they do; alternatives that are as good, or cheaper, etc

Last edited:

Seraphim

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Funny how when something happens we see sudden knee-jerk reactions with people shouting "don't use (company)!!!". If we all followed this advice we'd all be living in the stone age.

Voting with our feet is actually what brought us out of the Stone Age. That concept in a nutshell is what has caused the greater good or greater truth to prevail in almost every aspect of human endeavor. That is not to say that I think GoDaddy will be financially affected by any possible animal rights driven boycott.

draggar

þórr mjǫlnir
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Voting with our feet is actually what brought us out of the Stone Age. That concept in a nutshell is what has caused the greater good or greater truth to prevail in almost every aspect of human endeavor. That is not to say that I think GoDaddy will be financially affected by any possible animal rights driven boycott.

What I meant was, we're always getting big complaints about everyone. In the past we've seen:

Don't use GoDaddy because Bob Parsons kills elephants!
Don't use Moniker because they're associated with Snapnames / Oversee where the whole Halvarez SNAFU took place.
Don't use Pool because they rigged the .ASIA auctions.
Don't use NetSol because they've been caught frontrunning domain registrations.
Don't use NameJet because their employees can also bid on the auctions.

Well then we might as well leave the domain industry.

Don't do business with any company who sells pharmaceuticals, most test on animals!
Don't do business with Citgo - they're owned by Venezuela / Chavez!
Don't do business with BP they destroyed the gulf of Mexico!
Don't do business with tobacco companies - they advertise to minors! (Yeah, take a look at what these companies own!)
Don't do business with Freddie Mac or Fannie Mae - they killed the economy!

If we followed all of these we would have to get rid of our house, cars, and everything we own and live in the woods.

JB Lions

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
There is no we, do what you think is best for yourself. You started this thread yet...... "I plan to keep using godaddy"

So we is other people besides yourself? You're not even backing your own thread up.

DomainsInc

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
What I meant was, we're always getting big complaints about everyone. In the past we've seen:

Don't use GoDaddy because Bob Parsons kills elephants!
Don't use Moniker because they're associated with Snapnames / Oversee where the whole Halvarez SNAFU took place.
Don't use Pool because they rigged the .ASIA auctions.
Don't use NetSol because they've been caught frontrunning domain registrations.
Don't use NameJet because their employees can also bid on the auctions.

Well then we might as well leave the domain industry.

Don't do business with any company who sells pharmaceuticals, most test on animals!
Don't do business with Citgo - they're owned by Venezuela / Chavez!
Don't do business with BP they destroyed the gulf of Mexico!
Don't do business with tobacco companies - they advertise to minors! (Yeah, take a look at what these companies own!)
Don't do business with Freddie Mac or Fannie Mae - they killed the economy!

If we followed all of these we would have to get rid of our house, cars, and everything we own and live in the woods.

sad but so true

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom