Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

how would you aquire a domain you want that is not for sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

AdrianM

DNF Newbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am interested to aquire a domain for one of my business. Curent site on that domain is not making any revenue and I asume the owner would be interested to sell.

Should I just go and contact them myself or better to use a broker that can give more trust to the seller? If so anyone you recommend? I don't want to end up with a broker having the domain I want and knowing that I want it.

The domain is not worth more then 100$ by itself, but it would fit my plans

Domain Days 2024

Leading Names

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You're not likely to convince a seller to part with a name for $100 that he doesn't want to sell. For most people, a $100 sale wouldn't be worth the hassle, regardless of if they wanted it or not.

Offer what it's worth to you, not what you perceive the value to be. Offer direct via the admin email listed in whois. Don't just send a "I offer $XXX for whatever.whatever" type email. Send a detailed email introducing yourself, what your plans are for the name, along with a sensible offer.

No guarantees though, some people just won't sell, at pretty much any price – you just have to accept that sometimes.

Good Luck

- Rob

AdrianM

DNF Newbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i won't offer 100$ of course

the idea is that if he wants to sell won't I end up at a broker service anyway? that's the reason I was thinking to use one from start

this domain makes no use to anyone else so I won't be afraid of an auction for it.

BostonDomainer

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Keep it simple. Not everyone knows there's a domain industry out there let alone brokerage services for it. I personally would just do it as Leading Names mentioned. Simplicity is the new spice of life. Good luck!

AdrianM

DNF Newbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If me and him agree what do you suggest as best way to do the transaction?

Domagon

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I concur with others here ... for a low-dollar domain, it's likely best to contact the owner yourself, and keep the purchase inquiry simple.

Personally, I'd suggest not mentioning much about what you plan to use it for unless you already know a lot about the owner's situation / personality - often best to downplay what future use one has in mind. Otherwise you run the risk of the owner seeking the moon for it.

If email doesn't go well, try talking voice with the owner - that alone often can make the difference.

If after all that, the owner won't budge, seeks the moon, etc ... then that's the time to consider getting a broker involved.

Ron

p.s. escrow.com is good, but if relatively low dollar domain it may add more hassle than anything ... so if you have some trust of the seller, just send the money first via PayPal, Western Union, Money Order, etc ... then have the owner transfer / push it to you when payment clears.

dcristo

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Personally, I'd suggest not mentioning much about what you plan to use it for unless you already know a lot about the owner's situation / personality - often best to downplay what future use one has in mind. Otherwise you run the risk of the owner seeking the moon for it.

Very good point you make I agree 100% It's like handing over your business plan to a stranger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom