Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

How would you respond to this email?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Source

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Dear <Me>

My name is <So and So>; I am the new webmaster at a company called <Large Internet Development Firm> in <Town, Country>.

I have been asked to register certain domains for use in various projects that we will be undertaking in the next few weeks.

I am currently busy looking to purchase the domain name <my domain .org> but see that it is already registered to yourself or perhaps a client of yours.

My question is this, would you be willing to part with the domain name in question, and if so, how much would you consider an amicable offer?

I am open to negotiations, but do require this domain urgently.

Any and all help in this regard would be greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards,

<Mr So and So>

----------------------------------------------

I have no idea what I want to get for this name as it has been on my develop list for quite some time.

How would you respond to Mr So and So's query?

He has already sent me a followup about the name, 12 hours later.

<The names have been changed to protect the innocent.>

diverge

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I love these emails -- a true test of negotiation skills and good old-fashioned capitalism.

My personal formula is PRICE = (FMV*2.1) for these types of emails, since they have already tipped their hand that the domain is "needed urgently" and that they work for a "large internet development firm". Your fair market value multiplier may vary. Just remember to tack on an extra 10% or so over your desired price, so you have room to negotiate.

wyrmblight

DNF Newbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think it depends on how much you want the domain. But yeah, try starting off a bit higher then you want for it.

methodM

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
one hundred million dollars *does evil laugh

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom