Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

HUGE Financial corporation makes offer of ....$xxx

Status
Not open for further replies.

DNQuest.com

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The first rule of selling domains, set your own price!!!! You have a domain, you set a price. It should no matter who the buyer is, if they gave you an offer above what you expected, then take it. I feel many domainers will fluxuat thier prices and end up just paying another years renewal and having no sale. I know we all want that one "stupid company" to shell out megabucks for a domain, but the .com boom is over. Companies have goten smarter since then. I see more companies using more unconventional domains and just promoting them.

Sicne we do not know the domain, it is hard to say what we would do. I am sensing there may be a SM or TM issue here, remember, it isn't always when the application was filed, first usage is as important too if it is designated before the application date.

D

Deleted member 70408

Keep in mind that since it isn't a .com, the company already knows it will lose traffic from people assuming it the .com is theirs.

I agree with DNQuest on this one. If the company moves on, you will have a $7 domain name that could have been worth much more. A huge company won't mess around with an individual - especially when they could possibly acquire the .com version of your name for less than any crazy dollar figure you might be inclined to ask for - something that others advised you on. Because they are a financial company, the probably won't over-spend on a domain name. They will also probably move quickly, so take it while the offer is still good.

It will also be cool to tell your friends/colleagues that you once owned that coveted piece of internet property.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Thanks for your comments. I am aggressive with my sales. The mere fact that it's a large financial corporation does not scare me. I am in a position to negotiate as I have not divulged knowledge of their identity. Non-.com domains do sell at high prices if the keywords are sought after. Lastly, I am a company - not an individual. Seeking counter-offers at this early stage establishes the rules of the game. I would not get $xxx for a name that cost me $x simply because the profit is there. I've turned around sales after several rounds of negotiations in the past. This one has potential to be a 5-figure sale as it's a branding that they are willing to pay for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom