Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Hurricane assstance

Status
Not open for further replies.

DNQuest.com

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I had good friends living in Gulfport at the time of the hurricane. Christi and Greg Taylor. Upon the arrival of the storm, I was online with them up until they lost connection early Monday morning. Watching the news and saw Katrina took a turn Gulfport, it sickened me. I did not hear from them until I received a phone call on Thursday. Talk about relief, I had very little sleep since I was up all night Sunday Tuesday and Wednesday nights.

They were able to seek shelter during the storm, but they lost everything in thier apartment. At the time, Christi was working 2 jobs and Greg was searching for a second job. All thier employment were washed away. They were offered a place to stay with a friend of mine, Rachel Wright, who lives in Hobart, IN. They rejected the offer at first, hoping to rebuild at home. They decided to swallow thier pride and accepted the offer. They only have one car and are driving to Indiana with themselves, her parents and 2 children (12 and 13). A 3rd child (15) is reluctantly going to be staying with her father. It was a decision that was tough to make for Christi, but she had to do what was best for everyone. There are already 6 people in the car.

Rachel offered use of her basement and living room for as long as they need. She doesn't have a big house and she has 2 children herself along with her husband. But Rachel has a big heart.

Chiristi and Greg are very good people, they deserve better than this. They used to live at:

Christi Taylor
11387 Gould Rd. Apt D-4
Gulfport, MS 39503

They will now be living with my good friend from Rachel at:

623 Main Street
Hobart, IN 46342

They were only able to save a few things for themselves and have very little clothing and have no money. They will be traveling on $200 that Rachel had sent them the other day. If anyone is able to help, it would greatly be appreciated. Assistance can be sent to the Hobart address above or it can be Paypaled to me and I will make sure they recieve it.

Anything anyone can do would greatly be appreciated.

Thank you and God Bless, Phil

PS- I don't know if this is ok with the community, but I need to do something for them. I gave all I could and it's nowhere enough.

Domain Days 2024

Gray

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Why don't you stop invading other countries, bring your troops back and make them rebuild your houses?

mmkrulz

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Gray said:
Why don't you stop invading other countries, bring your troops back and make them rebuild your houses?
i think you need to watch your mouth buddy.

mikesherov

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Gray said:

just ignorant.

NickStagg

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Yeah Gray, bearing in mind that this board is predominantly populated by people from the USA that comment was not only inflamatory but also deeply insensitive and irresponsible.

dvestors

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

Last edited:

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Gray issued warning point.

DNQuest.com said:
PS- I don't know if this is ok with the community, but I need to do something for them. I gave all I could and it's nowhere enough.

DNQuest, we don't usually allow charity posts because people can post charities that people are not familiar with, etc., but you are not doing that, and your post can stay. We need to pull together in times like this. God bless your friends.

DNQuest.com

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Gray said:

I am sorry to have offended you, but these are my friends who have helped me though my tough times. This is very personal to me. I have very little to help them, that is why I posted, to help them because I can't give them anymore.

Christi took her girls and parents to Indiana while Greg stayed behind to work with assistance programs. Though they are exhausted, they are keeping their spirits high. Not eveyone was lucky as they were.

I thank everyone's prayers and thoughts, it is greatly appreciated. Mods, thank you for keeping this up, it means the a lot to me.

Thank you all,
Phil

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom