Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

hyjacking a domain with a sub domain? How are they doing it??

Status
Not open for further replies.

steveatvillas

Domain Network Developer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Here's a prick with 20 years and 20 Macs and 78 posts. And doesn't understand 'dig'. And with a signature with "righter" in it - like there is no such word in the English dictionary; I told you not to mess with me despite helping you.

Dale, Dale, Dale....

But, you haven't helped me...

The 20 Macs are just the ones sitting in my office, I donated the earlier 50 to local schools and charities over the years. Er, have you given back to the community from which you derive your sustenance?

Frankly, I've been too busy taking the newer ones outta the box, plugging them in, loading the software and making tons of money with them to bother with "dig".

The "righter" bit is a quote from an abstract of a massive academic paper by Peter Gariaev, a brilliant Russian scholar who is considered the father of Wave Genetics (an interesting subject to be sure.) It is an interesting play on words, perhaps it hasn't made to OED just yet, but I like it.

Pillsbury with 2 l's.

Acroplex: Right on, now that's the spirit!!!

Others.... I'm thrilled with the all the groovy code-y stuff (sorry Dale).

Here's a prick with 20 years and 20 Macs and 78 posts. And doesn't understand 'dig'. And with a signature with "righter" in it - like there is no such word in the English dictionary; I told you not to mess with me despite helping you.

Dale, Dale, Dale....

The 20 Macs are just the ones sitting in my office, I donated the earlier 50 to local schools and charities. Er, have you?

Frankly, I've been too busy taking the newer ones outta the box, plugging them in, loading the software and making tons of money with them to bother with "dig".

The "righter" bit is a quote from an abstract of a massive academic paper by Peter Gariaev, a brilliant Russian scholar who is considered the father of Wave Genetics (an interesting subject to be sure.) It is an interesting play on words, perhaps it hasn't made to OED just yet, but I like it.

Pillsbury with 2 l's.

Acroplex: Right on, now that's the spirit!!!

Others.... I'm thrilled with the codie stuff (sorry Dale).

bgmv

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
this is a good thread. i wish i could help sir steven but i just wanted to subscribe to witness the outcome of this entertaining piece of literary mastery.

by the way, you spelled "hijacking" incorrectly in the title

steveatvillas

Domain Network Developer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
this is a good thread. i wish i could help sir steven but i just wanted to subscribe to witness the outcome of this entertaining piece of literary mastery.

by the way, you spelled "hijacking" incorrectly in the title

Hye:

Yeah, it is getting prety comikal, innit.

Thanks for the correction, but, hey, the "y" is only two keys over from the "i", and it's late.

Having now sorted out the subdomain thingy, there are a few nice ones I could suggest. But I'm bored now.

But guys, if you want to send more traffic my way, be my guest. :asleep:

Domagon

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It could be a spoofed referrer entry (quite common; no biggie), and not reflective of the url the request was actually made from.

Or just as likely someone has linked / typed-in that subdomain for some reason.

Ron

steveatvillas

Domain Network Developer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks mate, I actually found out this very thing offline. Coulda used your comment about 20 posts ago, unfortunately the children got out of the playpen first and hyjacked ;-) the thread.

steveatvillas

Domain Network Developer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Nameguy, you told me nothing I didn't already find out...unfortunately not here. Instead of getting a straight answer to a straight question, I got pranged and jerked around.

Turns out my parking company puts a snippet of code in to capture any and all wildcards, any traffic is good traffic. So the names you suggested above were just typed in by you, to prove something. Not sure what.

Like I said, send me all the traffic you want.

Domagon, thanks again for the straight answer.

That about wraps up this thread. I've learned quite a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom