Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

I am still a .CO.UK rookie; can you help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prosperous

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
(I hope I am posting this in the most appropriate forum section...)

In my lifetime, I have sold just one .co.uk domain, earlier this year to a friend.
At the time I simply gave him access to my account (at 123-reg.co.uk), for him to take over, and he changed the WHOIS details from mine into his, plus updated the account's 'personal information' (address, email) to his, and changed the domain's DNS.

However, only now he (and thus me too, being the .co.uk-domains rookie that I still am) finds out that I still show as the registrant for the name, instead of him, and the only way to change it to his name is if he pays £35.25 to 123-reg.co.uk for this who will then take care of it with him (and me? And with the paperwork hassle etc.?)

So, my question is, is there a cheaper/better/easier way to have the registrant's name (mine) changed to his? For example, if he'd transfer the name to an account he'd set up at another .co.uk registrar? (And if that would work, would he then first need to change his WHOIS details for the name back to mine?)
Or any other ideas?

Thanks in advance,
Rob

Edwin

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the bureaucratic nightmare that is .co.uk domain registration.

The ONLY way to change the information is to pay Nominet the 35.25 fee. Bad luck.

mark

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
don't have any uk domains but always wondered why there is not just
a plain .uk extenstion such as in domains.uk

Prosperous

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks Edwin, that's what I 'feared', but I figured it wouldn't hurt to ask anyway. :)

mark said:
don't have any uk domains but always wondered why there is not just a plain .uk extenstion such as in domains.uk
Let's discuss that in another .CO.UK thread, ok? :wink:

Best,
Rob

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom