Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

I get Krispy Kreme Tommorrow!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steen

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Our school is ordering them tommorrow and i just CANT WAIT!.

I am sooooo excited to try these donuts, I have heard so much from everywhere and everyone.

One is moving in in 60+ days but our school is picking em up from Seattle.

I just cant wait to try them tommorrow.

Though you guys ought to know :-D

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
:) Yum.

Sharpy

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by GiantDomains
:) Yum.

Yep, nothing like deep fried lard and icing sugar! :D

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
damn, where in Vancouver area did they open one...I also want to try these and I heard they opened one around here....where is it???

*edit* well I actually read your post....just tell me where it opens in 60 days, lol

Steen

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Delta I believe : )

ShaunP

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
gee .. this is so much better than "political" posts.

.. sorry ... devils advocate ...

Shaun

HOMEY1234

CEO - iMonetize.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I finally had one about 3 weeks ago, Really don't see what all the fuss is about...

aptimass

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I remember when they opened the first one here in Oklahoma City a couple of years ago. The lines were absolutely crazy, they were backing up on the interstate at the exit for them.

peter

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I feel sorry for all the fat northern americans. Honestly I do.

obeasity (spelling?) is the largest social threat in the USA. 1/3 (!!!!) of all children born will get some form of diabetes sometime in their life, and yet, EVERY day, 1/4 of all americans eat some sort of fast food. Doesn't that ever scare you??

C0113c70r

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by icehole
EVERY day, 1/4 of all americans eat some sort of fast food. Doesn't that ever scare you??

I'm a Northern American, and I have to say that is a little scary. But I'll let you in on a really scary tale...

Since 1995, I've travelled to Hong Kong, Malaysia, Singapore, Burma, Thailand, Laos, Cambodia, and several other countries in Southeast Asia. It really scares me to see tens-of-thousands of children and adults groveling for crumbs dropped by passing tourists. It scares me to know that people die by the truck-loads every minute because they didn't have the opportunity to eat a piece of that "fried lard", or one of the other fast food products that you're so afraid of. It scares me to know that there are so many people so accustomed to their comforts in life that they cannot see the hunger of the masses right in their own back yards.

Sure, obesity is a disease of sorts afflicting millions, but so is malnutrition and starvation. There are two sides to every coin, and I believe that those who have the opportunity to enjoy the luxuries of life afforded to them by something so simple as a fast-food joint should revel in that opportunity while still remaining humble and considerate of those who cannot.

--- C0113c70r
:-(

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by C0113c70r
Since 1995, I've travelled to Hong Kong, Malaysia, Singapore, Burma, Thailand, Laos, Cambodia, and several other countries in Southeast Asia. It really scares me to see tens-of-thousands of children and adults groveling for crumbs dropped by passing tourists ...
You may want to drop Hong Kong and Singapore from your list. They are actually more affluent than most if not all North American cities. Remote areas in Malaysia and Thailand *might* have poorer clusters of settlements, but still they are very different from Burma, Laos and Cambodia. And if you use the scale of Afghanistan, Southeast Asia is just heaven.

EDIT: Oh ... by the way, I must admit that I'm not a big fan of donuts. Had tried Krispy Kreme a couple of times (bought from downtown) before it finally arrived at my suburb (kind of) town. Overrated, I would say. Actually, they are selling it at Wal-Mart stores as well (at least here in Canada).

Steen

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by aactive
gee .. this is so much better than "political" posts.

.. sorry ... devils advocate ...

Shaun

I think so, its light hearted and doesnt get anyone upset (I hope).

I feel sorry for all the fat northern americans. Honestly I do.
I am not obese FYI :-D

by the way, I must admit that I'm not a big fan of donuts. Had tried Krispy Kreme a couple of times (bought from downtown) before it finally arrived at my suburb (kind of) town. Overrated, I would say.

I hate donuts actually. But mmmmmmmmmmmm are these good :-D

izoot

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
See the trick to Krispie Kremes is to get them at the source as they come off the conveyer belt. If you pass one look for the red light in the sign. That tells you they are coming off the belt then.

They are sticky warm and light as a feather ... buy a dozen ...1/2 will be gone before you even realize it.

When you get them in another store fresh .. but cold they just become ok donuts...btw try the sour kreme version too ( hot ) pretty amazing.

wish these were are in the old daze ... there were times a quick half dozen would heve been goooot!

Steen

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
lol Sub.
Thanks for the tip Zoot.

Unfortuanatly for now, the closest "source" is 3 hours away :(

But soon :-D

I am a littel disapointed, I ordered a variety pack, but there was an error so it got changed to all original :-(

I wanted to try 'em all :-D

C0113c70r

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by nameslave

You may want to drop Hong Kong and Singapore from your list. They are actually more affluent than most if not all North American cities. Remote areas in Malaysia and Thailand *might* have poorer clusters of settlements, but still they are very different from Burma, Laos and Cambodia.

Singapore got slipped in there by mistake. Hong Kong Island may be much better off than most places, but Kowloon on the mainland was terribly stricken with poverty when I was there.

You don't need a *remote* area in Malaysia or Thailand to find people groveling for crumbs. I keep a second home in Chonburi (south of Bangkok), and a third home in Sri Racha, so I'm pretty certain I know what I'm talking about here.

--- C0113c70r

Steen

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
As much as I simpithize for the less fortuanate, that isnt really what the thread is about.

Nor is it about overwieght north americans.

lotsofissues

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
BTW - Vancouver still sucks - I had a terrible time over there...

Steen

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by lotsofissues
BTW - Vancouver still sucks - I had a terrible time over there...

First its North American Obesity, then 3rd world hungy and now how Vancouver sucks (which i disagree with but thats not the point).

Rather curious responses, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom