Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

I have $5000 to spend on domains, should focus on registerering or buy others domain

Status
Not open for further replies.

TordB

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi.

I have around $5000 bucks that I have earned from previous summer jobs. Should I spend them on registering or on buying other people's domanins from auctions and tracking the WhoIs record?

TechQueen

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Understand the market before making any move. Read DnForum and NPro as much as you can, both this forums contain a lot of infos, rather all the info you ever needed. :)

Welcome to the world of domaining!!

TordB

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

However, what is the NPro forum?

TordB

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Understand the market before making any move. Read DnForum and NPro as much as you can, both this forums contain a lot of infos, rather all the info you ever needed. :)

Welcome to the world of domaining!!

What articles are the best ones to read on this forum?

VirtualT

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
develop a business plan before doing anything

VirtualT

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Both I think.

Does anyone have an example of a business plan?

What I mean by that is have a some idea how you intend to make a return from your investment, before you buy a domain know what you are going to use it for i.e hold, flip, park, develop, market to end user, etc.

nicedomains

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

namepros.com ..

I think you should make wise investments by buying names in the aftermarket right now. You will be able to find good deals if you have a good feel for trends, etc.. Do you have accounts at places such as tdnam, snapnames, afternic, sedo, etc..? These forums are a good place to find such deals too, good luck!

Last edited:

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Maybe you should just put the money into a savings account right now, until you feel confident about your purchases :)
you could buy a good name on the aftermarket and flip it for a profit. After all it takes money to make money. Lather, rinse, repeat.... :)

theinvestor

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score

You do not need namepros...

This is the only site you need. Do not waste your time elsewhere.

Learn here...then buy when you are ready to invest.

draggar

þórr mjǫlnir
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Maybe you should just put the money into a savings account right now, until you feel confident about your purchases :)
you could buy a good name on the aftermarket and flip it for a profit. After all it takes money to make money. Lather, rinse, repeat.... :)

Great advice - put it into a savings account until you have a good knowledge of the market, industry, and the supply / demand.

DO NOT REGISTER DOMAINS. I've probabaly blown over $1,000 (a lot to me) in "junk" domains, I'm dropping them left and right now. If I knew then I would have taken my $1,000 and bought 1-2 (or 3-5) GOOD domains as opposed to over 100 junk domains. The only times you should hand register a domain is if something new is coming out (example: MT9 - search these forums) or you are 100% sure you are going to develop it.

Find a niche you know well (or enjoy) and do research on it. Find the trendy words, buzzwords, new technology, new stuff coming out etc. and then jump on an opportunity.

Development is the best so if you have $5,000 to spend, I'd get some tools. Do a search on these forums for the "Domain Research Tool", buy a few books (The Domain Game is a brand new one, search these forums). Find a good solid host and if you plan on developing, pay for at least a year's worth of hosting up front. I think some may disagree with me but if you have that much, pick up Adobe's Creative Suite 3 (I think it is about $1500, but it includes DreamWeaver (web pages), PhotoShop, Illustrator, Flash Professional, etc, Flash and PhotoShop are great for making great web pages).

I would recommend against spending the entire $5,000 on domains. Maybe $2,000 on tools (if you get CS3, if not, then maybe $500-$1,000), and put about $1,500 - $2000 aside and don't touch it. Spend the rest on some good, solid, revenue generating domains (expect to pay 2-10 years' revenue).

nicedomains

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
You do not need namepros...

This is the only site you need. Do not waste your time elsewhere.

Learn here...then buy when you are ready to invest.

Hehe yeah listen to theinvestor and don't broaden your horizons. :?:

sorry theinvestor for the pm I sent to you thought I was replying to this thread.. lol

myst woman

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
namepros is good to drop by but you'll ramp up faster here.

zangief

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Whichever you choose don't forget you'll have to pay the renewal fees one year later.If you want to win your system should pay for itself.
Don't forget that there are more than 40000 domains are deleted daily and some of them were dreams some of them were very good ideas but if you can not establish the system you end up lik that :)

TordB

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I am thinking about buying some LLL.net domains and some LLL.org domains. Where is the best place to find those?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom