Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

I have a Live Scammer! Unreal This Guy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
LOL! Yes, I understand 100%. I'm just saying in general, even if it WASN'T a scam, I could care less what an appraisal values one of my names at. If I don't want to sell for less than X price, that's my business and nobody should assume that getting an appraisal will change my mind.

That said, I know that the above conversation was with a scammer, which is obvious. I was mainly referring to people who actually would try to talk somebody down by asking them to get a real appraisal through a credited legit service, which would still be stupid if you ask me.

To those people, I say, "There's the door." :)

jasdon11

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Next time someone gets one of these, tell 'em you want $50 for the name - wont bother you again.

labrocca

Omniscient
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Playing around with a scammer is a bad idea. He obviously has your email address from whois. Do you want to tick him and his hacker buddies off? The less of a target you make yourself the less chance you will be targetted. Toying with him can lead to trouble. There is nothing good that can come of it. You don't win any prizes for making fun of the scammers. However if the scammer gets you to open a keylogger or if he manages to hack into your local puter...well then you're screwed.

Stop playing is my advice.

JoeyMob

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Next time just don't even read the email if you know it's a scam. I agree with labrocca.

Ian

DNF Exclusive
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
you should just save your time and do something else other than waste it dealing with a scammer whose identity remains obscured at best and of no business value....you are giving him hope whenever your reply to his/her mails!

interlution

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I got the exact same email from this guy last week.

In the end he asked to be a broker to sell the name for a 15% cut, which I'm not interested in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom