Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

I have been scammed - 50 domains gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jberryhill

Philadelphia Lawyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Per the UDRP, registrars are prohibited from making changes to a domain name without direction from a court or arbitration forum.

I love brain-damaged registrar support emails.

Per their registration contract, the registrar is entitled to make whatever changes it damned well pleases - and they do.

mclovin

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
it was only $700. As someone has already kindly stated the domains were not that great but thats not the point.

Always a nice thing to hear when you've lost something...

Good luck getting them back! Even if you don't, at least you learned something for your $ and maybe a few other ppl get warned as well.

ozhef

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
This scammer has been at it again. I have just been contacted by another victim from *********. Despite the fact I have reported this scammer ********* still continue to let him take peoples domains.

Godaddy have replied to me to say that the scammers whois details are under investigation. Below are his current details:

Registrant:
navab khafan
no24-east 32 ST. 3rd BLV
yarim, oldozim 35456
Turkey

Registered through: GoDaddy.com, Inc. (http://www.godaddy.com)
Domain Name: SOFUK.COM
Created on: 15-Apr-08
Expires on: 15-Apr-09
Last Updated on: 30-Jan-09

Administrative Contact:
khafan, navab [email protected]
no24-east 32 ST. 3rd BLV
yarim, oldozim 35456
Turkey
4682407348 Fax --

Technical Contact:
no24-east 32 ST. 3rd BLV
yarim, oldozim 35456
Turkey
4682407348 Fax --

Sonny Banks

<span style="font-weight: bold;"><span style="font
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This scammer has been at it again. I have just been contacted by another victim from *********. Despite the fact I have reported this scammer ********* still continue to let him take peoples domains.

Godaddy have replied to me to say that the scammers whois details are under investigation. Below are his current details:

Registrant:
navab khafan
no24-east 32 ST. 3rd BLV
yarim, oldozim 35456
Turkey

Registered through: GoDaddy.com, Inc. (http://www.godaddy.com)
Domain Name: SOFUK.COM
Created on: 15-Apr-08
Expires on: 15-Apr-09
Last Updated on: 30-Jan-09

Administrative Contact:
no24-east 32 ST. 3rd BLV
yarim, oldozim 35456
Turkey
4682407348 Fax --

Technical Contact:
no24-east 32 ST. 3rd BLV
yarim, oldozim 35456
Turkey
4682407348 Fax --

Is this scammer a member on DNForum?

ozhef

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
possibly. thats why I have posted his whois details. he may be lurking around here as well.

Sonny Banks

<span style="font-weight: bold;"><span style="font
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
possibly. thats why I have posted his whois details. he may be lurking around here as well.

We need Acro make some investigations.

blogcrash

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Happen to me 1 month ago with 5 domains... Godaddy didn't made anything.

I learned with my stupid mistake.
It's not a trusted member in a forum (with good iTrade)??? No Paypal
Use a free email account??? No Paypal
I had bad dreams during the evening??? No Paypal?

So sale? No problem Pal!

cleverlyslick

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
why doesn't paypal have a "no reverse" rule? Once the user agrees to the terms he also agrees that he cannot reverse the payment.I think that's fair.or is it against the law to do sometihng like that?

imneazmh

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I put 54 domains up for sale on ********* and made an agreement through a pm. The buyer paid the money into my paypal account and I pushed the domains to his godaddy account. The next morning guess what? the paypal payment had been reversed. It would appear that the "buyer" had also hacked into someone elses paypal account to make the payment. And guess what else? his whois details are incorrect. It would appear I am not the only idiot who has been scammed this way:

http://www.nodomainscams.com/2008/02/24/paypal-and-godaddy-complicit-in-domain-scams/

If you could excuse my idiotic behaviour for a few moments can anyone offer any advice on how to catch this dirty thief who now owns all of my domains??

You received payment of 50 domains by PAYPAL from the person you don't know!!!!!

Marketing Guru

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I don't know, I like Roster.US for an american sports fan site. If you get it back, I'll buy it for $20 to help defray legal costs.

- MG

laura90068

Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I bought something from eBay and the person had sold over 1000 items in the past month. Well, he put up ads to sell all sorts of things without ever planning on sending the stuff. in a week he had a hundred people write bad notes on him and he was no longer a memeber. He closed his account. Paypal reversed the charges in a couple of days. Your amount was more then my amount. You can try to contact paypal, they can be good about thieves who do illegal chargebacks.

What can you do to protect yourself from crooks like this?? I'm new to the domain sales. I hope I don't run into people like that. I am with escrow.com. I wouldn't use paypal for large amounts of money.
Banks and credit cards have insurance for this sort of thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom