Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

I Have Had It Upto My Neck With Paypal. They Suck

Status
Not open for further replies.

csitenet

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Okay

Just look at this, just 1 min ago i get the email to say my account is limited. I am a verified user!
Screen shot 1
Screen shot 2

I have All my info verified as seen above... i called customer services, asked WTF is going on, they said we dont know and we will submit a ticket to resolutions... But it looks like i need to verify my info! look at the screen shot FFS they are verified....Thats no bloody good enough. We spent about $500 on goclick and couple of hundred £'s on overture.com campaigns + adwords...

They limited our account with $3900 funds in it and $3000 funds on the way to our bank account. Who thinks this is fair... I am taking legal action against them for now allowing us to do out business, also i ask them when will it be resolved, the support staff say maybe upto 3-5 WORKING DAYS ...

I am honestly outraged and there is NO way i will let them get away with it after hearing all horror stories with paypal. I am going to call my bank and initiate some investigation vs them and just getting in touch with my lawyer right now...

my advice DONT USE PAYPAL FOR BIG FUNDS, they are SIMPLY UNRELIABLE ...

PAYPAL SUCKS

fryman04

Master of the cave
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Welcome to Paypal's world of hell....

I had 3 accounts frozen and lost almost $1,000 with paypal, now I never keep a cent there, always transfer your money to your bank account as soon as you receive it.

Yup, Paypal sucks. But at least they don't suck so much since Ebay bought them. Before that they were just terrible

csitenet

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
You know what is funny, i got in touch with my laywer, he said i had a very strong case, but even he can't get in touch with the right people... fax is now sent and we are waiting for a response.

Romain

DNF Veteran
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
let us know what will happen ;-)

Jonathan

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I want to know how this goes also.

I use Paypal, and if I weren't able to use it, I'd feel pretty limited. I haven't had the problem that you had. Did you log on from several different distant locations? Or they must just raise flags when there are lots of transactions going on.

M

mole

CSite.Net said:
my advice DONT USE PAYPAL FOR BIG FUNDS, they are SIMPLY UNRELIABLE ...

Yup, you can't use PayPal with big funds unless you hold a titanium card, a bank guarantee and a $xxx,xxx credit limit.

Your alternative is to wire money from your bank.

Internet fraud has reached endemic levels, cc and PayPal usernames and passwords are stolen every second with chronic phishing, that it is not an option for a company like PayPal to put in every necessary credit precaution.

M

mole

You can rant and rave all you want, eBay-owned PayPal won't care for dirt mites that make some people sneeze. But its nice to have a sounding board to rant sometimes. Live with it. Or use Stormpay or whatever else someone cooks up in the meantime.

SouthernTn

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
want to know the funny thing. Someone else just told me PayPal limited their account with $1,000 in it. crazy

M

mole

SouthernTn said:
Someone else just told me PayPal limited their account with $1,000 in it.

:huh: Technically, what is in an account is irrelevant, it can be $1,000 today, $1 tomorrow, and $1m next week, depending on how much you put in or withdraw at any one point in time.

JMJ

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
My personal account has been limited for a long time now. Seems my bank and Paypal don't get along very well. My bank won't allow them to automatically withdraw money from my account. :) Even though its limited I can still accept payments and transfer the funds to my bank which works out well.

SouthernTn

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
mole said:
:huh: Technically, what is in an account is irrelevant, it can be $1,000 today, $1 tomorrow, and $1m next week, depending on how much you put in or withdraw at any one point in time.

my comment really wasn't about the amount of money in it being the reason it was limited. I just added that on as an extra piece of information adding on to fact that alot of people are losing alot of money.

Jeanco

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I'd be willing to bet this gets cleared up as soon as the lawyer's letter gets out of their fax machine. If you still haven't found the right people to contact, try paypalsucks.com - they make sure this information is visible.

Paypal has a record of clearing up problems very quickly once the lawyer gets involved.

taboo

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I never keep any money in there for longer than a day. If I need to use paypal I just use my verified CC.

octobus

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
At least PayPal is regulated for us EU customers. It has an Electronic Money Institution. status in the UK, though I'm not sure what it exactly means. In any case it should not be like the Wild West of PayPal US.

urbanvilla

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Even here in the u.k under f.s.a regulations they have a max payout limit of 1k,Think about it if they can suspend thousands of accounts around the world which would only be a small proportion of them look at the interest they would receive millions all for nothing,its one of the oldest and greatet legal scams in the world today,the usual scenario the bigger you are the more bent you are,the whole banking industry is full of delaying tactics like three days to clear a check what a laugh !

Cuz they know they have you by the balls they simply take the piss just like ebay with their rip off fees,suppose its horses for courses scenario,im just jealous thats all !

****ards !!

csitenet

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Legal action is pending...

I called them (recorded conversation) asking them for why they done this, they had no answer, i asked for their FSA number, and finally got the email of the Top management after my lawyer faxed them, for those with same issues you need to email [email protected] and to get in touch with the managerment email [email protected]. I am lucky i recorded all the conversations and faxes before sent because they are now in denial saying the things I HAVE ON TAPE!

Basically they owe us about $6,000 , $600 ads cost we spent which we cant cancel! Will have to wait and see what they will do. I made the formal complaint to the FSA, I asked my bank formally to stop paypal touching my account and i am probably going to be involving they police fraud department in this. They dont have a right to cancel our account, funds, miss inform us (over 5 times), then deny they said it....

They know they are the ones with the problem and every email i sent them they have replied within 30 mins! shows you ... (before they took over 48 hours to reply!)

=========================================================

It looks like a change of heart from paypal, and its looking highly likely we are getting compensation after a letter from the court (this is after informing the police. Thanks to the County Court it seems to finally have gone through to their THICK heads its all their problem.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom