Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

I landed BIG on .mobi YEAH Single word x 2 How about U

Status
Not open for further replies.

xTOPSECRETx

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
:attention: :clock: :fish2:

PERSEPOLIS.MOBI is a single world. The great Persian State, also used for 10000 different companies, including a financial institution.

:drum: :gossip:

ASTRONOMER.MOBI another single word! Whoo Hooo,

I love it, took a lot of time and searching to find the two. 12 hours later, and I'm guranteed profit! for my investment.

So did you score Single word?

:popcorn: :spy: :tea:

Domain Days 2024

mjnels

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I hate to break this to you, but there are still plenty of 1 word .mobi's left to register... Thousands if not tens of thousands.. the question is how good are the words?

Lets remember, these are not .coms or .nets or .orgs.. not every 1 word domain will be worth somthing, just because its pronouncable and common.

There will still be plenty of "random 1 word domains" when the registration fee is only $15 (or less) and not mandatory to register 2 years..

good luck

AbdulBasit.com

www.AbdulBasit.com
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Can you please tell Mjnel, what is left in .Mobi 1 word nice domains to have an idea what you are saying as I am really interested in buying some gd names in .mobi

mjnels

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I didnt necessarily say there are a lot of good 1 word domains left.. but there are 1 word domains left for .mobi

Not every 1-word domain will be worth money like .com, .net, and .org.

pooping.mobi is one word.. but is it worth anything? and why?

grabsites.com

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Don't believe the hype in these mobi's. The winds of change could happen in a second. I am in wireless and we don't talk about these at all. Content is going to be pushed via the big boys, and they will be .coms. thats why we have .com content for phones.

On the other hand, we are begining to see the "3rd Screen" develop into something big like it has in Japan.

xTOPSECRETx

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
well for your info already 150K .mobi have been registered, if you find more one word domains, let me know ILL BUY THEM

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
.MOBI = .CRAP

You guys are wasting your money. If I came out with a .COOL extension you would probably line up to spend $60 each on them as well.

Do you realize those with experience in the industry hardly every buy these new TLD's (except for special cases, like sex.mobi and the like).

Why not take that $60 and invest it in a .com where you have a chance at getting that money back?

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
.MOBI = .CRAP

Do you realize those with experience in the industry hardly every buy these new TLD's (except for special cases, like sex.mobi and the like).

Why not take that $60 and invest it in a .com where you have a chance at getting that money back?

tend to agree with that, except I would say com and org.

PRED

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Those who regged none will end up with egg on their face, i guarantee. I have a portfolio of approx 1000 domains. I have regged 14 .mobis, that's it. All good i feel. I have had offers via sedo on 2. One for over $1000.
Basicaly it is too early to say it will be a major success, or failure, only the stupid would be so bold. Better to have a small specualation, which is intelligent & strategic.
This particular extension i feel is unique. I never go for new releases normally.
I stick to .com,.net,.org,.info & my country .uk
I say good luck to those who have regged. Some i have seen are very good, some awful. We all have our own ideas. It will be interesting to see how the premium ones go at auction! :-(
Predator :brushteeth:

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
No, it isn't too early to say it will be a major failure.

People who post thread titles like this:
I landed BIG on .mobi YEAH Single word x 2 How about U

...need to do so in the "Newbie" section since that's obviously what they are. No offense, but people who start trying to brag about their names when they are obviously crap really irritate me.

mjnels

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
.MOBI = .CRAP

You guys are wasting your money. If I came out with a .COOL extension you would probably line up to spend $60 each on them as well.

a bit of "truthiness" ?

blahahahhahahaa

you can believe what you want, but your more sure of yourself than i am of myself, and i own almost 100 .mobi's..

give an example of when a TLD was funded by huge companies like microsoft, google, ericson, t-mobile, etc... are these people notorious for throwing money away or somthing?

Most of the people that have such harsh opinions for .mobi seem to just dislike the silly .mobi name and ignore the facts that it is funded by the huge companies that it is.. there is a difference here, you can say its silly.. but nobody knows for sure if microsoft (the software giant), google (which is a pretty large search engine these days, you know) and ericson (a pretty popular cellphone manufacturer) are going to do well with their scheme to integrate .mobi's into a lot of mobile phones.. anyone can sound smart, but nobody really knows this yet..

remember back when speculation was speculation? wait a minute, it was kinda like this actually.. with people saying your wasting your money on .coms..

dont put up grandmas farm.. and dont buy playgamesonlineeveryhouroftheday.mobi.. but saying its going to be 100% failure is just silly and arrogant..i know its sexy to try and predict these type of things, but even the weatherman is wrong sometimes..

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Speculators fall for fads. Investors do not.

mjnels

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Speculators fall for fads. Investors do not.

another quote that sounds like a sexy motto.. heh

nobody called "investing" in .coms "investing" back in 1993.

they called it stupid if they called it anything.. the word "speculator" would be been very polite back then :boink:

- and who says you cant make money off a fad?

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
See you in a year - keep the receipts of the .mobi drops.

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
another quote that sounds like a sexy motto.. heh

nobody called "investing" in .coms "investing" back in 1993.

they called it stupid if they called it anything.. the word "speculator" would be been very polite back then :boink:

- and who says you cant make money off a fad?

Its not a fad...its a pipedream. I am sorry you wasted $6,000+ in this extension...but don't let your obvious bias sway your opinion on the subject or anything...

mjnels

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
sexxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxy opinions.. nobody just says "i dunno" anymore huh?

everyone wants to be the fortune teller..

SouthernTn

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
mobi 's are suspose to have something to do with celluar phones and etc etc and what not right?

So, what in the world does this one worders and etc got to do with .mobi if its not related to it.

If .mobi was to do something, I would think the valuable ones would be games.mobi ringtones.mobi wallpapers.mobi video(s).mobi and stuff of the liking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom