Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

I need a lawyer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

fischermx

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
As follow up to this thread:
http://www.dnforum.com/showthread.php?p=1083974

Things are getting more ugly. The lawyer is now stating a final date to give up the domain or they'll file an UDRP.
So, I guess I need a lawyer now.
Any recommendation is very welcome. It is about defending a generic domain(but trademarked in a smelly country) from an overreaching company.

BTW. I tried to hire the best I know of, Mr. John Berryhill, we had some email exchange, but for some unknown reason, he just stopped to respond my emails. I tried PM here, but no luck either. I can't take the phone and call because I'm not fluent in speaking english. I don't know what happened.

Seraphim

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
As follow up to this thread:
http://www.dnforum.com/showthread.php?p=1083974

Things are getting more ugly. The lawyer is now stating a final date to give up the domain or they'll file an UDRP.
So, I guess I need a lawyer now.
Any recommendation is very welcome. It is about defending a generic domain(but trademarked in a smelly country) from an overreaching company.

BTW. I tried to hire the best I know of, Mr. John Berryhill, we had some email exchange, but for some unknown reason, he just stopped to respond my emails. I tried PM here, but no luck either. I can't take the phone and call because I'm not fluent in speaking english. I don't know what happened.

That's exactly what John Berryhill did to me. I would have rather been told to "get lost", then to be left hanging.

fischermx

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
That's exactly what John Berryhill did to me. I would have rather been told to "get lost", then to be left hanging.

Just to clarify, I didn't put that as a rant or vent. I genuinely had this doubt and expected some comments about possible points of failure, mostly in my side. Or maybe get a response from him here and explain what happened.

Seraphim

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Just to clarify, I didn't put that as a rant or vent. I genuinely had this doubt and expected some comments about possible points of failure, mostly in my side. Or maybe get a response from him here and explain what happened.

Maybe he's on a long holiday, who knows. I wanted to hire him too, as I heard he is pretty good.

MobileDesigner

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I had a good name (3-letter generic) and it took me (i think) 3 emails to get him to respond to me. I would have hired him if he had responded earlier, but i ran out of time and lost the name.

I agree that at least he should tell us if hes interested or not.

Dave Zan

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
While John "should", he's not obliged or required to. But neither are any of you
obliged or required to seek him out only when you have other options.

You folks still have 2 other choices around here: Brett Lewis (Brett Lewis) and
Zak Muskovitch (Zak Muskovitch). Three others who aren't as active here as
they used to be are Howard Neu (Howard), Ari Goldberger (Ari Goldberger) and
Charles Carreon (Charles Carreon), but see if their respective profiles give any
contact details since they're not likely to answer via PM.

I can't even begin to imagine how possibly overworked John is, especially when
UDRP only gives the respondent 20 days to reply. Heh, I recall one of his posts
showing how thick his paper files are.

Good luck, fischermx.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom