Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

I need good host (at least 99.99% uptime)

Status
Not open for further replies.

trent2275

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I want to develop some sites for a project and need good hosting. Right now I use xeniasystems.com but their prices are going up when my year expires, I want a few gigs of building space and unlimited traffic (or a reasonable amount for 1000+ visitors a day)

I would appreciate input.

Domain Summit 2024

adoptabledomains

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
99.99% uptime is a lot to ask for and you may pay greatly to get it. that only allows for about 52 minutes of downtime in a year. Hardly even time to do a software upgrade and reboot. I don't have a problem with a host with 99.00% if the 1% is PLANNED during off hours. Also, don't believe uptime claims. I was with CIhost a few years ago who had an uptime guarantee. Their DNS servers went down for almost a week, and they claimed that since the servers were up (accessible via IP), but just could not be contacted by a domain name, they had met the uptime guarantee. Also evaluate if the claim is for the company, the actual server, and includes DNS and mail servers, the backbone provider, etc.

If you need absolutely no downtime, a better solution may be an inexpensive host with a mirror site on another inexpensive host in different parts of the country using different backbone providers, with backup DNS servers in separate places.

As for hosts, I recently evalauted several. my top 3 choices were httpme.com, voxtreme.com and weberz.dom. I chose the first one, but was happy with the prices, reputations, and services of all three. Although I was interested in reseller hosting with unlimited domains.

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by adoptabledomains
I don't have a problem with a host with 99.00% if the 1% is PLANNED during off hours.

99% equals 72 hours of downtime...ouch!

Look for 99.7 to 99.9%...99.99% is a little much to ask, unless you are paying for dedicated hosting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom