Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

moniker I see Moniker auctions charge $100 a sale plus.

This is a discussion about the domain name register/company Moniker.
Status
Not open for further replies.

WhiteLight

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I see Moniker auctions now charge $100 a sale plus commission if your name is not registered at Moniker before the auction. They picked 5 of my domains for the upcoming TRAFFIC silent auction. Four were ccTLS's and two are $99.95 each to renew.

Perhaps ccTLDs will become more valuable with this rule. Follow the money trail. Moniker will make money with that rule and promote selling ccTLD's in their auctions now. I think I like the idea because I am heavily invested in ccTLDS. What do you guys think? Good idea or bad?

Last edited:

stewie

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
next time....just up your asking price.

:yo:

WhiteLight

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I like Moniker escrow also I might add. Excellent service. I like everything about Moniker actually as they are helping us domainers substantially.

Last edited:

stewie

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yup up it by $500 to off set your time... :pound:

:)

jrzeygirl

Best Customer Support
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I see Moniker auctions now charge $100 a sale plus commission if your name is not registered at Moniker before the auction. They picked 5 of my domains for the upcoming TRAFFIC silent auction. Four were ccTLS's and two are $99.95 to renew.

Perhaps ccTLDs will become more valuable with this rule. Follow the money trail. Moniker will make money with that rule and promote selling ccTLD's in their auctions now. I think I like the idea because I am heavily invested in ccTLDS. What do you guys think? Good idea or bad?

Hey Adatise

Just to clarify – The $100 fee is charged to you IF your domain is not at Moniker prior to the auction event. If your name(s) are selected for auction, having them at Moniker will only facilitate faster pay-outs to sellers, and provide buyers faster possession of the domain(s) they purchased. All of this can happen if/when the domain is here at Moniker. Names sold at auction (that aren’t at Moniker) will not be guaranteed delivery within 1-3 days vs. a name that is (already) registered here.

The only way Moniker can provide this type of quality service is to have access to the registrar. If your names are at Moniker or one of our “sister” registrars, we can control domain ownership, and provide you with a safe and reliable transition. Once payment clears, the domain(s) is transferred to the new owner and payment is made to the seller.

If you have any additional questions please don’t hesitate to contact me.

Thanks

James

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If your names are at Moniker or one of our “sister” registrars, we can control domain ownership, and provide you with a safe and reliable transition. Once payment clears, the domain(s) is transferred to the new owner and payment is made to the seller.

If you have any additional questions please don’t hesitate to contact me.

Thanks

Sister registrars ..
what registrars are these ?

thanks

jim
Posted via Mobile Device

WhiteLight

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Moniker really has to make this rule in order to make things run smooth. I sold a ccTLD once at a Moniker auction and it took us darn near a week of hard work to get the transfer through and it never was really right (long story).

I will never buy a dot IM, IO, or dot SE domain again as transferring them is a pain is the neck and virtually takes an act of God to complete. I felt sorry for (Mike doing the transfer) because Moniker didn't make any money off the sale considering the man hours we put in for completion of the transfer.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom