Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

I want all Platinum members to please read this before DNF turns into a war zone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Enough is enough!!!

DNF has turned into a war between 2 parties:

1) Those who like Rick Schwartz

2) Those who hate Rick Schwartz

Members are swearing, arguing and insulting each other based on where they stand on this issue and I for one am getting tired of it.

I dont care if you are his best friend or his worst enemy, but I think we should stop all this bitterness over someone very few of us have ever met.

I want all of you "big players" to set an example and show how professional you can be. I dont care about what you think of Mr. Schwartz, I just want to see some respect back on DNF.

:eek:k:

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
all jokes aside, I know you guys are better than what this issue has made you become

Steen

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

GeorgeK

Leap.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This isn't a "war". There were clear statements of fact, to support various statements (at least the ones I made, can't speak for all).

Folks who want to represent the industry should be like Caesar's wife. Claiming you hate cybersquatters, and that all your enemies are cybersquatters, when you've got 2 WIPO losses under your belt shows there's a problem, for example, same with the other examples (like the omission in the PR for men.com, that dirtyjokes.com was part of the transaction). All material things to domainers, just like we comment on fishy eBay deals, Communicate.com transactions, domain thefts, phishing schemes, etc.

darrenl

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
GT I think you need to stop being mother hen ;)

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think some of you need to step up to the plate and stop acting like 5 year olds

by the way, I am not disputing any facts or making any statements about Rick himself...what started as simple facts turned into a flame war

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Gregr said:
I never met the dickhead either.

Domain King is no doubt the most controversial domainer. Everyone who has ever dealt with him either hates him with great passion and anger, or loves him, with virtually no one in between the 2 extremes.

I am not saying anything new on either side of the issues in the interest of peace :-O

GeorgeK

Leap.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Feel free to email me the incredible stuff. :party: Info is power. Informed domainers are less likely to be taken advantage of -- through their sophistication, they're more able to eye news with a critical eye.

DaddyHalbucks

Domain Buyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
GT Web wrote:

Enough is enough!!!

DNF has turned into a war between 2 parties:

1) Those who like Rick Schwartz

2) Those who hate Rick Schwartz

Members are swearing, arguing and insulting each other based on where they stand on this issue and I for one am getting tired of it.

I dont care if you are his best friend or his worst enemy, but I think we should stop all this bitterness over someone very few of us have ever met.
++++++++++++++++

I agree that enough is enough. But your anger and plea is missplaced. The blacklist for T.R.A.F.F.I.C. 2004 was very real, even posted on the website.

Bitterness? Look at the T.R.A.F.F.I.C. 2004 grudge list.

If you want change, appeal to Mr. Schwartz.

We're just chatting about it.

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Who's Rick Schwartz?

stoned

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Honestly, who cares... Just dont do it on the forum.

sunshine

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Anyone who blatantly states that losing a WIPO suit is a cybersquatter
doesn't have any domains good enough to go through the process.

DaddyHalbucks

Domain Buyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sometimes the UDRP panelists do get on a high horse and act outside of their authority.

It happened to me. An Australian panelist found a "common law" trademark in an acronym, where numerous organizations around the world were using it! Why did he find against the facts and the law? Because, I looked like the bad guy.

One of the keys to litigation and UDRPs is to not appear as the bad guy.

GeorgeK

Leap.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
haha Marcia. Yeah, all my domains suck, in your mind. But, be that as it may, as a "critic" of the Naked Emperor, I'm not the one with the UDRP losses (I know you're sensitive to that, having lost prada.org), yet I'm lumped in, in his statements, as someone with the hidden agenda, cybersquatting, etc. You confuse cause and effect. For every action, there's a reaction --- the "actions" stop, and the reactions don't exist.

If "domain cybersquatters" aren't welcome to the DK party, how many board members would that exclude? :party:

GeorgeK

Leap.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Nope. :) Easy to research the background of folks with Google at your fingertips, etc.

sunshine

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
GeorgeK said:
haha Marcia. Yeah, all my domains suck, in your mind. But, be that as it may, as a "critic" of the Naked Emperor, I'm not the one with the UDRP losses (I know you're sensitive to that, having lost prada.org), yet I'm lumped in, in his statements, as someone with the hidden agenda, cybersquatting, etc. You confuse cause and effect. For every action, there's a reaction --- the "actions" stop, and the reactions don't exist.

If "domain cybersquatters" aren't welcome to the DK party, how many board members would that exclude? :party:

i'm not sensitive about it at all. it was my mistake for first failing to reply,
then for lamely replying late. i certainly would have won since i didn't satisfy
all 3 requirements. but failure to respect the process caused my loss.

i'm not going to even go into detail of the number of cases that were biased
with absolutely incorrect decisons and the party that lost was labeled a
cybersquatter. if you believe that anyone losing a WIPO suit is a cyberquatter,
you obviously haven't been through the process.

DaddyHalbucks

Domain Buyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Marcia,

Prada is not only a registered trademark, but a world famous and distinctive registered trademark.

Coming up with a cute business name as a pretense after the fact doesn't constitute a legitimate use. Nor is your baptised name Marcia Prada.

You are very lucky you were only UDRPed and not sued in federal district court under Lanham and ACPA and the Trademark Dilution Act. You might have lost everything.

There are lots of abusive and erroneous UDRP decisions, but PRADA.ORG isn't one.

Just my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom