Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

I want to reg this co.uk name....

Status
Not open for further replies.

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
what am I supposed to tell you?

If you like the name, go register it with Enom or something, that way you wont have to worry about transfer fees if you sell because you can simply push it to the buyers account.

Its a rather small investment...

furca

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yes you can, transfer free to an account AT Godaddy with Godaddy, I use godaddy, not enom for some reason :/ Guess I found godaddy first =D

Mr Webname

Oldbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Please remember that a "push" with a .uk name is NOT a transfer of ownership. Although the buyer may be able to administer the name he/she will never be the legally registered owner unless the Nominet transfer process is completed,

Edwin

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
And the Nominet transfer process costs 35.25 pounds (including VAT) and cannot be avoided, regardless of which registrar you use to register the name.

That makes it pointless to register .co.uk domains that you think are "worth" xx pounds, since nobody's going to pay 35.25 pounds on top of a domain that's costing them less than 100 pounds!

On the upside, the Nominet transfer process works very well - I've transferred over 40 domains with no problems so far - but it can take 3-4 weeks to complete.

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
wow I never knew that, I guess the .uk registery is just as anal as the .ca one...

Edwin

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
GT Web said:
wow I never knew that, I guess the .uk registery is just as anal as the .ca one...

Nope - unlike .ca, .co.uk domains can be owned by anyone, anywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom