Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

I will probably be receiving my first UDRP complaint

Status
Not open for further replies.

reed

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Here are the two messages I received:

---------
1st message

It’s your choice. Either you can sell the ZRIDE.com domain now for $100 or:

“Sometimes a person (known as a “cybersquatter”) registers a trademark as a domain name hoping to later profit by reselling the domain name back to the trademark owner. If you believe that someone has taken a domain in bad faith, you can either sue under the provisions of the Anticybersquatting Consumer Protection Act (ACPA), or you can fight the cybersquatter using an international arbitration system created by the Internet Corporation of Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN). The ACPA defines cybersquatting as registering, trafficking in, or using a domain name with the intent to profit in bad faith from the goodwill of a trademark belonging to someone else. The ICANN arbitration system is considered by trademark experts to be faster and less expensive than suing under the ACPA, and the procedure does not require an attorney.”

-----------
2nd message

Have you made a decision on the sale of the zride.com domain? I don’t want to go through the hassle of the ICANN process but will start the process Tues. morning if I do not hear from you. There is no doubt what so ever that we will get the domain through that process. Please, let’s get this over with.

---------

Heres a link to the previous discussion.
http://dnforum.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=24820

Should be interesting......this guy's been jerking me around for almost a year now. I'm tempted to give the name away to Nissan or another company that may want it and let him deal with them instead.

GeorgeK

Leap.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Send him a link to the prior cases that refute his arguments, such as verint.com and the others mentioned by John Berryhill, etc.

If they're willing to spend $1,000+ on UDRP, imagine how much they'd pay if/when they lose the case?

RON2

@domainbuyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The guy is willing to spend $1000 on a UDRP in which he doesn't have a good case, but not willing to offer you more than $100?

Don't send him any information, welcome the UDRP and ask for a reverse domain hijacking ruling against him.

Mr Webname

Oldbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Just had a cheque from a really big firm of New York Lawyers.
Having asked for the turnover of the name and received my refusal, they have eventually paid my full asking price.
Don't be bullied!

:)

INFORG

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
from what I have read from your posts it seems you have the upper hand. This guy who says he is "broke" all of a sudden wants to spend over a grand on a UDRP?

Call his bluff

izoot

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Don't turn the name over...call his bluff.

There are no registered tms on that name in any form. Figure out what price you will be hapy with and tell him that you would be happy to let it go for this $XXX amount. If that is not acceptable....say thanks have a nice day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom