Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

i would like to see a Ebay/sedo option for sales on ebay

Status
Not open for further replies.

fatter

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have heard a lot of horror stories on ebay sales, it would be nice if sedo could make arrangements for a paid service for us to list some names on ebay, the whole process could be integrated. i am not sure how logistics could be worked out but for a fee i would list some names, of course ebay and sedo would get there cut on sales as well. I no everyone will say why not just list them yuorself on ebay but simplicity rules and i just reg names, I want someone else to handle the rest, sale, transfer money, escrow etc

namestrands

The Bishop
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Perhaps if sedo operated its own domain auction service, this would be more effective and less development.

If you are having problems on ebay then you should insist on using Escrow.com

S

SedoCoUk

If you are having problems on ebay then you should insist on using Escrow.com

Or Sedo's 3% commission escrow service :cheesy:

Seriously, we are always looking into ways of improving our service and we have considered auctions on numerous occasions. The main problem being that you have little say over what the final selling price is. At least with us, the seller always knows he'll get a decent price for his domain rather than finding a bidder at the last second has nipped in with a bid of $ 100 or something - as I've used to my advantage on many occasions on ebay...

Watch this space, there may be developments but I doubt in the very near future.

Ed

namestrands

The Bishop
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
SedoCoUk said:
Or Sedo's 3% commission escrow service :cheesy:

Yes of course Ed we could always use the SEDO Escrow Service.

With regards to the auction, the owner could always set a reserve price. Of course you would have to charge for listing a domain for auction as you would otherwise find some people expecting unrealistic returns.:-/

I would love to see a Dutch Style Auction service.. with the domain auction ending on the reserve price.

Then of course for high value domains, you would operate a more traditional style of auction. The fact is that some great names I have seen go on sale at ebay and while ebay are good at what they do, I truly dont think the attract the domain wales.. Sedo is in a perfect position to do this.. (everyone scrambles to register sedoauctions.comâ„¢ however I was first to mention it as of todays time stamp I therefore claim rights to the trademark, of course all rights are released to SEDO)

So come one Ed... Give SEDO a viral market..... and I was thinking SEDO Auctions (Scotland) Ltd.. you can stop me at any time :eek:k: :charming:

SEDO-Auktionen, gehendes Gehen gegangen

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom