Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

ICANN does not use fees to monitor registrars - Registration Tek - Buy Domains

Status
Not open for further replies.

brianluedke

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Letter to ICANN, submitted at this URL:

"Registration Tek, an approved registrar, does NOT offer a registrant a way to get a domain's auth code on their domain control panel. I thought you were supposed to use the fees you get to ensure that all registrar's at least meet this minimum standard of offering a means of obtaining the auth code."

If you buy a domain at Buy Domains, they will push the domain to you at this shady registrar, so beware.

Bottom line, ICANN is a useless monoply-enjoying bureaucratic slug. It cannot perform its only really job: demand that registrars maintain a shred of decency.

poing

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hmm odd, I had no problem transferring domains away from them, after using Buy Domains. Are you sure you looked?

Here's a link to the FAQ that explains how this is done:
https://www.registrationtek.com/regtek-faq.htm#dt8

How can I transfer a domain away from RegistrationTek?

We can't imagine why you would want to do this, but if you do, the request will have to be made with the new registrar company.

Very entertaining, since you'd still new the auth code to do this, which I can't seem to find in their interface either. ;-)

Last edited:

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I requested an auth code from register.com from my control panel yesterday. I'm still waiting for their security dept to review my request blah blah. But in the end they will do as told.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom