Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

ICANN July 2005 & Domainday

Status
Not open for further replies.

FreddyS

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
d:) July 2005, ICANN will hold a meeting in Luxembourg city, Luxembourg from 11 to 15 July 2005. www.icann.lu

I think there was never a Domain or Traffic day (meeting/round table) in Europe, we could keep one during the same time as ICANN is! So one jurney for 2 meetings! Is someone interested in a domain and traffic meeting in the middle of europe? International Airports are available. Cheep Hotels can be found. Luxembourg is a very special country, only 450.000 Inhabitants. It depence how many people we will be, a small room can´t be so expensive. My collegue was last year in US for the T.R.A.F.F.I.C. meeting, he was very impressed. I think we have a lot of knowledge and experiance to exchange. Luxembourg (.lu) is a nice place, to all boarders max 40 km (30 miles). Next Countries are Netherland, France, Germany, Belgium. Flight to UK is just 45 minutes!

Wot

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
A nice centralised place for such a meeting and there must be hundreds of domainers in fairly close proximty.

The wealthy ones from far away- your chance to see some fantastic scenery and culture.

keyser

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Same here.
Old Europe rulz' :p

FreddyS

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Nice that there is already response. I will setup a small page where everyone can register. Does someone want to help to organize it?

Domnom

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Freddy@EuroDNS said:
Nice that there is already response. I will setup a small page where everyone can register. Does someone want to help to organize it?

Good to see EuroDNS participating in the forums, and good luck with your event.

Can someone from EuroDNS answer a question...?

Will EuroDNS actually be at the T.R.A.F.F.I.C. West conference in May, or are the promoters trying to make it look like there is more company participation than they really have?

I am going to the Domain Roundtable in Seattle in May, and I will also attend the ICANN meetings in Luxemburg.

I wish you luck with your conference idea. The more that everyone does to discuss domain names and their issues with traffic, the better it is for the whole industry!

FreddyS

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Good morning Domnom :)

yes, EuroDNS (Freddy) will be at the T.R.A.F.F.I.C. West conference in May, I arrive at 24th, 1 hour before it starts. ;-)
Nice to see that you will come to ICANN Luxembourg, I will try to arrange a Domainers-conference and later a Domainers-party. Or perhaps I will combine both. :evil:

Domnom said:
Good to see EuroDNS participating in the forums, and good luck with your event.

Can someone from EuroDNS answer a question...?

Will EuroDNS actually be at the T.R.A.F.F.I.C. West conference in May, or are the promoters trying to make it look like there is more company participation than they really have?

I am going to the Domain Roundtable in Seattle in May, and I will also attend the ICANN meetings in Luxemburg.

I wish you luck with your conference idea. The more that everyone does to discuss domain names and their issues with traffic, the better it is for the whole industry!

Domnom

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Freddy@EuroDNS said:
Good morning Domnom :)

yes, EuroDNS (Freddy) will be at the T.R.A.F.F.I.C. West conference in May, I arrive at 24th, 1 hour before it starts. ;-)
Nice to see that you will come to ICANN Luxembourg, I will try to arrange a Domainers-conference and later a Domainers-party. Or perhaps I will combine both. :evil:

Please, I would like to join you at an event during ICANN. Will you also go to DomainRoundtable.com conference? There are some great sessions on ccTLDs.

FreddyS

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
ICANN will be no problem, we will go for a beer. EuroDNS is located in Luxembourg, so should be no problem to be there. ;-)
But I will be not at DomainRoundtable, for sure there will be some great sessions, but it is during the same time as T.R.A.F.F.I.C. thats bad.
Please, PM me some time before ICANN Lux, or we can discuss it already now by phone.

Domnom

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Freddy@EuroDNS said:
ICANN will be no problem, we will go for a beer. EuroDNS is located in Luxembourg, so should be no problem to be there. ;-)
But I will be not at DomainRoundtable, for sure there will be some great sessions, but it is during the same time as T.R.A.F.F.I.C. thats bad.
Please, PM me some time before ICANN Lux, or we can discuss it already now by phone.

PM Sent.

BTW, The schedule conflict between the May conference dates is something that has been a common comment from participants and sponsors.

Domain Roundtable clearly and publicly scheduled and published their May event dates first, strategically and intentionally to not cause confusion, dilution, or conflict with TRAFFIC's October dates (and there was only an October conference scheduled at that time - the Traffic West got added after the Domain Roundtable was announced).

FreddyS

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I really would like to got to both, but I think this will be not possible.

Domnom said:
PM Sent.

BTW, The schedule conflict between the May conference dates is something that has been a common comment from participants and sponsors.

Domain Roundtable clearly and publicly scheduled and published their May event dates first, strategically and intentionally to not cause confusion, dilution, or conflict with TRAFFIC's October dates (and there was only an October conference scheduled at that time - the Traffic West got added after the Domain Roundtable was announced).

Domnom

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Freddy@EuroDNS said:
I really would like to got to both, but I think this will be not possible.

Well, two conferences that are both trying to do good things for the industry.... This is truly a good thing for folks who are in the domain and connected industries.

I will definitely meet you in Luxemburg for Domainday.

seeker

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
definately interested.
Also, July and Ausguat are the easiest travelling months for me, so it should work out well!

FreddyS

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Update for Domainday/ICANN from 11 to 15 July 2005.
Actually Eurodns has also the intention to organize a Party in a pub just next to the ICANN conferences (Thursday). It is in a PUB with great atmosphere, with all type of appetizer. All other evenings are already taken by verisign,etc….Thursday is still available for now and the ICANN organizer is even ready to promote the evening by sending out to everybody an agenda with this event listed on it.

CU

Freddy

buddy

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sounds like a fun event! I'll will most likely be there. Look forward to meet you all there! Cheers!

Thanks Freddy for the VIP invitation! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom