Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

IDN's dropping like flies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wot

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
There are 200 mobi investors and 40 IDN investors. Period.
It seems that .mobi, as shitty as it might be, is better off that idn

I'm impressed, you sound very knowledgeable -tell us more.

dn-101

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
The idn world is full of small-time theives & crooks and feigele men married to poor East European women - just to pretend that they're normal.

bwhhisc

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The idn world is full of small-time theives & crooks and feigele men married to poor East European women - just to pretend that they're normal.

So...that begs the question.

Are you an IDN investor?

Ulysses

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
and tens of thousands of .mobi dropped

.mobi registrations are increasing every day. Just under 960,000 registered.

The highest registrations that .mobi has ever seen.

Wot

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

I think I am quite honest but then my wife is Chinese, anything against them?

Last edited:

fab

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Is everyone feeling alright?

dn-101

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Say, a new person with a few bucks in her pocket has to decide whether she wants to run with an idn crowd.
Here's a few things to consider:

1. idn characters are as nasty as they come
2. some of them have a liquid stool coming out of their mouth - re America and it's economy
3. most of them skip paying taxes, and they run as far away as Finland - just to give Uncle Sam a finger
4. some of then are patent anti-Semites and post swastikas just for the hell of it
5. if they see a newbee they try to shtup her with worthless junk - just for the fun of it

Now, go ahead and make your decision :smilewinkgrin:

Last edited:

silentg

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Once .co registrations begin then people will rush and buy and it soon will drop like flies too.

bwhhisc

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
More examples of why IDN-space is a mess.

Quite the opposite, a good example of how they are managing the space to avoid any confusion.

"Mixed scripts" in Crylllic can not be registered, nor can anything that is strikingly or confusingly similar.

The IDN system is 12+ years in the making....it has now successfully launched with 4 cctlds in the root as IDN.IDN.
A few dozen more languages are cued up to follow this year.

IDNs are mainly going to be used by those that don't read or write a lick of English...or by advertisers and marketers to
reach the non-English speaking audiences with keywords they can remember and later type-in to the internet.

Why are so many domainers against the ideas of letting people that don't read English have URLs in their own language they can read and remember easy?

Seems this whole IDN thing is pretty much a no brainer to help non-english speakers have a more "user friendly" internet experience. ;)
In the end, the various native language internet users will choose to use them, and no doubt will continue to also use (English)
URLs even if the majority of internet users in various languages can't read them. Nice to give them a choice though....

Last edited:

DNWizardX9

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Let it go...

Acro starts a thread against IDNs and then states 2 years later that he recently let his last IDNs go.... Looks like someone had IDNs all along.....

DomainStryker blasts IDNs in his blog and then a week later comes to the forums with $500,000 to "buy" IDN names.

Ironic huh?

Look at those that missed the boat ;-)

Last edited:

alex_d

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Say, a new person with a few bucks in her pocket has to decide whether she wants to run with an idn crowd.
Here's a few things to consider:

1. idn characters are as nasty as they come
2. some of them have a liquid stool coming out of their mouth - re America and it's economy
3. most of them skip paying taxes, and they run as far away as Finland - just to give Uncle Sam a finger
4. some of then are patent anti-Semites and post swastikas just for the hell of it
5. if they see a newbee they try to shtup her with worthless junk - just for the fun of it

Now, go ahead and make your decision :smilewinkgrin:

You could pretty much say the same thing with ASCII though, so those are pretty weak arguments.

dn-101

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Not really.
At DNF there are plenty of Germans, Arabs, Pakistanis, etc, and not single one of them sent me a hate note or a swastika.
On the other hand, the IDN's white trash still thinks that KKK and the John Birch Society is the norm.

alex_d

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Not really.
At DNF there are plenty of Germans, Arabs, Pakistanis, etc, and not single one of them sent me a hate note or a swastika.
On the other hand, the IDN's white trash still thinks that KKK and the John Birch Society is the norm.

I think I remember you now. Weren't you kicked out of IDNForums a few years back ?? Your signature link is very familiar !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom