Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

IE7 Installation

Status
Not open for further replies.

HHDomains

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
AVG Free is the one I usually go with.
Contrary to popular belief they are still free software in 2007. They are just upgrading to a new free version.
No conflicts that I have come across to date.

Domain Days 2024

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
My Explorer-7 install went perfectly, done several weeks ago when it first came out. Looks like an excellent browser with no obvious bugs.

The only minor complaint I have is the standard size Home Page icon which I use all the time is much smaller than Explore-6. If you try using optional large icons then they are far too big.

I did not get Explorer-7 for IDN names as I do not have even 1 IDN but it does work when accessing idn domains as I did try it on a few successfully.

Terminator

RR Media
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I completely removed McAfee AV and installed IE7, Im still getting a missing DLL after my computer boots up, restored it and I'm back to IE6 again...This is rediculous!......I have PC Tools Anti Spyware, I'll remove it too and give it another go.

DNA

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I recommend IE7 as well. But true, sometimes, it freezes.
But if you prefer mozzila, the latest mozzila is not bad either. it's your choice.
latest IE= Mozzila

Terminator

RR Media
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
OK, I removed all Antivirus & Antispyware and installed IE7 again, and Im still get a missing DLL error at startup, IE7 works fine though, its conflicting with another software program and dont know which one. Heres a snapshot of the error:

http://pyralink.com/images/DLL.jpg

DNA

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
it seems the program is conflicting with motiveSB.exe. there is bug in your system. why don't u search in IE website for solution or ask the IE team. they would be happy to help you.
OR u can search PSAPI.DLL in your pc, if not found or found; add it new from somewhere online. I don't remember but i had similar problem but not in IE. don't remem anything.

Terminator

RR Media
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Looks like the error could be with your AT&T client.
Try disabling motivesb.exe

I'll try that and the links as well...I appreciate it!

OR u can search PSAPI.DLL in your pc, if not found or found; add it new from somewhere online.

I did this awhile back, I isolated the location, copied the DLL file, installed IE7then put the file back to its location, and the error still appeared.

---------

UPDATE:

Fixed it! I use SBC DSL that uses the support utility motivesb.exe, to get rid of the error window, the link to a site below suggests you rename PASAPI.DLL to PSAPIOLD.DLL, and a new PSAPI.DLL is created at next startup, it worked like a charm!!!

If anyone runs into this problem, visit this link: http://www.rr-bb.com/showthread.php?t=268030

Thanks guys, greatly appreciate your help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

No members online now.

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom