Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

If I were to drop dead..

Status
Not open for further replies.

south

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
How much / how would you charge to be the executor of my domains?

Posting this publicly for all to consider.

Seriously. All domainers. What would happen to your domains if you were to be hit by a truck / drop dead from a heart attack, etc tommorow? Would your loved one(s) be adequately/fairly compensated for your domains? They may have the passwords to your registrars, but would they have half a clue what to do with them?

John. Do you offer such a service? How do you determine pricing? Would you liquidate all the names on behalf of the deceased / survivors on a percentage basis, a flat fee, or? While I have never met you face to face, I consider you to be one of a very few people I would consider qualified / honest / ethical enough to to this, and ask this question in all seriousness.

Thanks,
Scott

hugegrowth

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Good question, I'd start with usernames/passwords in a safe deposit box, with written instructions on what they should do with the domains and why. But they should also have a trusted domainer contact they can talk to, that would give useful advice.

stock_post

JewelryRelated.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Good question, I'd start with usernames/passwords in a safe deposit box, with written instructions on what they should do with the domains and why. But they should also have a trusted domainer contact they can talk to, that would give useful advice.

teach your wife/kids on how to deal with these.
if your kids are of some age.

I need another 5 to 10 years before my kids can be taught.

My wife is not interested in learning.

fab

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Another suggestion might be to make an agreement with a partner. One guy drops, the other one picks them up. Easier then teaching domaining by will.

Vinnee

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have everything in safe places. In fact it's more than one place for additional family members to receive as part of the will. Keep backups once a month onto digital media and ensure it's accessible by chance the grim reaper comes a knockn.

Albert Tai

Downloading More Ram!
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I'm 15 and I knew the domain business since 12
Although I am still fairly noob at this business.
I suggest you teach your kids. Its not that hard. They know how myspace, facebook works surely they know how to login and maybe not selling but maybe your wife or someone could do that.
Refer them some forums to sell etc.
~Al

south

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm 15 and I knew the domain business since 12
Although I am still fairly noob at this business.
I suggest you teach your kids. Its not that hard. They know how myspace, facebook works surely they know how to login and maybe not selling but maybe your wife or someone could do that.
Refer them some forums to sell etc.
~Al

Coming from a fifteen year old.
Cool.

Feel free to PM me if you need any life advice kiddo. Seriously.

Thanks for all the responses. My intention was actually to make people think about their own situations. Consider it.

Scott

Last edited:

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
It's a known fact that domainers don't die, they just drop and re-register themselves.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
For the record, I have never registered any domains while being drunk. Being crazy, yes.

garyrcanuck

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It's a known fact that domainers don't die, they just drop and re-register themselves.

Problem solved,thanks for the heads up :approve:

The other post about regging while not being drunk, can you prove that statement;)

DomainMagnate

Domain Magnate™
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

That thought crossed my mind and this is exactly what I was thinking about also.

PRED

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

:lol:

what about tasting? :eek: :smilewinkgrin:

exponent

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

stuff

Mr Domeen
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
When domainer's die their dropping soul is picked up by halvarez.

take on
https://www.ironkey.com/
save all web passwords/make a little summary what to do.
Give ironkey password to family member and that should be it. Ironkey to safe deposit box or use it everyday

TheLegendaryJP

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I figure if I am dead, I dont care.

Seriously though, why not talk with a domain lawyer and leave pay 5% ( generally fee for lawyer to act as executor ).

Makes the most sense and instructions will be followed. Now mind you most people here wouldnt have a portfolio any lawyer would waste time on so lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom