Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Ikobo?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hotdog_pk

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
where is the phone number? how much is it for the UK, anybody know?

Keith

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
So you get the "I-Kard" after someone sends you some money?
Anyone want to send me a couple bucks? :p

nicpal

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
skylight said:
No. You have to pay for the visa card.

You have to pay for the shipping of the card. Which is $1.95 by regular mail. I just had my first payment the other day. The buyer said the transaction and interface was smooth. I just faxed Ikobo my details for increasing withdrawal, sending, and receiving limits this morning so we'll see how it all goes. They are in Marietta, Georgia and I am in Tampa, so we'll see how quick of a turnaround everything is. I'll keep everyone posted.

nicpal

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Just an update. I have received the Ikobo card and an increase in receiving, withdrawal and spending limits one day after faxing the necessary documents to them. I also called them on Sunday afternoon and received great customer support. They do in fact, receive payments throughout the world much more conveniently than PayPal or Escrow.com.

nicpal

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Next update. Okay I found the flaws and misleading info with Ikobo. After you go through receiving the initial purchase (I received $20) it took 4 days for Ikobo to clear it into my account. They basically put a temporary hold on the funds. After the four days, I clicked the withdraw button in the amount of $10 just to get my Ikobo card sent to me. It was sent DHL to my home with no problem.....

Now I have set up the account, had all the receiving, withdrawal, and sending limits raised to $1000. I received a $500 order through Ikobo this morning, I thought great I can begin to try out the card at stores and online to make sure everything is cool right? I mean after all it states in Ikobo's FAQ's:

"Q: How do I receive money?
A: To receive money, you do not have to have an i-Kard. When someone sends you money for the first time, an i-Kard will be mailed to you. Once you have an i-Kard and someone sends you money, the funds will be available immediately on your i-Kard. You can then go to any Visa/PLUS ATM to withdraw the funds. Just withdraw the funds using your i-Kard and PIN. Remember to select "Checking" when withdrawing your funds. You can also use your i-Kard for purchases where ever Visa is accepted."

So I go into my account and it shows the $500+ balance. If figure I'll go to the ATM and try to withdraw $100 to see how it works. It didn't. I do a balance inquiry and it shows $10 on my statement. So I think fine, maybe it didn't register yet and I'll wait a couple of hours.

I go back into the Ikobo FAQs and do some more research....

Since I set up a merchant account, I figured maybe there was something else possibly and I find this:

"Q: I received a payment through iKobo, Now what?

A: As a Merchant, once you’ve received payment, you have to withdraw funds from your iKobo balance to your i-Kard. The payments must have a status of “OK” before you can withdraw the funds."

Alright fine....so I log back in and look at my Ikobo balance ($500+). I look at the status next to the latest transcation (OK). So I attempt to withdraw some money onto the i-Kard. Insufficient funds, insufficient funds, what gives? I have over $500 in my account!

So next I call Ikobo as their customer support has been great thus far, and I speak to the customer service representative and ask him waht is going on. He states that the latest payment of $500 is in pending status and has not yet hit my account. I ask, why, it states in your FAQs that the funds are available immediately. He replies that he is unaware that it states this, and he'll have to look this over. So I next inquire with when will these funds become available for withdrawal? He replies with: Anywhere from a few hours to a couple of days. A couple of days I reply! I said that I understood that for the first transaction, but for the following? I mean even DotComGod said

Yes, you get it sent to your debit card within 30 seconds, that's why I like them.

So I am now bewildered as to why I need to wait for up to 4 days to get my funds out....this is strange......

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom