Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Im looking for "test and delete for .25 cents"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrew Shaw

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Im looking for registrars that allow you to register a domain name and delete it within 3-5 days for a .25 cent fee.

So far, Ive got CNObin.com which allows you to test, delete and pay $1
And moniker, test delete and only pay .25 cents. The only problem with moniker is that regs are 18.99 for .com's

Anyone know of any others for less then a buck?

Thanks,
Andrew Shaw

Domain Days 2024

webfreak

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Check into eNom. I think they do allow you to delete a domain name and get refunded, except for the $0.25 ICANN fee.

Andrew Shaw

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Someone told me that enom limits this, and others have told me that they have been known to deney refunds...

Andrew Shaw

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Great, Please report back to me when you find out.

simon

Senior Exclusive Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
try the link in my signature. i do it all the time. they just charge you 25 cents, everything else is refunded.
ask me if you need any help during the process

3par

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
i am also very interested, please let us know the registerfly result

Andrew Shaw

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks simon, I will go ahead and try that.

Enom:
All sales are final. This is why it is very important to check your order thoroughly before submitting. You do have two chances to review domains and can back out of the order before you select to purchase the domain.

Registerfly:
ALL FEES ARE NON-REFUNDABLE, IN WHOLE OR IN PART, EVEN IF YOUR SERVICE IS SUSPENDED, CANCELLED OR TRANSFERRED PRIOR TO THE END OF THE THEN-CURRENT SERVICE TERM. RegisterFly.com reserves the right to change fees, surcharges, renewal fees or to institute new fees at any time, for any reason, at its sole discretion, without prior notice to you.

Namecheap:
I mistyped the domain name when registering. Can you refund the money?
We are very sorry. Domain name registration or renewals are not refundable.

Godaddy:
Can I change a domain name or get a refund if I misspelled it when I ordered it?
Unfortunately, we are unable to change or edit the spelling of a domain name after it has been registered. We try to register the domain exactly as you enter it. Should the registration succeed, you will be charged, even if the domain you entered was not what you actually intended to type.

Domainsite:
Can I get a refund and/or cancel services if I don't need my domain anymore?

Domain name registrations cannot be canceled. Simply allow your names to expire, and they will naturally drop from your account (in about 30 days).

We do not auto-renew domain registrations. Unless you actively renew your names, they will expire and be deleted. Once a domain has been registered, the terms of registration cannot be cancelled for any reason.

Honan

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Ashaw said:
Im looking for registrars that allow you to register a domain name and delete it within 3-5 days for a .25 cent fee.

So far, Ive got CNObin.com which allows you to test, delete and pay $1
And moniker, test delete and only pay .25 cents. The only problem with moniker is that regs are 18.99 for .com's

Anyone know of any others for less then a buck?

Thanks,
Andrew Shaw
Andrew
If you write to monte , da boss at moniker, and tell him you are a DNF member he might give you a $6.95 account

Andrew Shaw

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks Joe, NameYourself just PMed me and told me the same thing. Ill go ahead and do that right now.

WhoDatDog

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
You can usually do it, but the Registrars don't want to encourage the practice because it costs them man-hours in customer service to do so. When I did it with the thugs at Fabulous last summer they finally sent me an email complaining about it. I was relatively new to the business but I was buying hundreds of names per week from expired names list, and when I read an article about the 5-day grace period that the Registrars were using themselves to "test" names I figured I would use it to my advantage.

I have only done it a few times in the last half a year or so....for obvious mistakes. If you don't have a bunch of names and you aren't a valuable customer to the Registrar then you are costing them money by doing this, so make sure you get the OK if you are going to go crazy. If you are planning on hand-regging traffic names then you are mis-informed and you will be deleting most every one of them.

Andrew Shaw

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
No my intentions are not to register hundreds and delete them. I have a list of about 450-500 names I will be registering within the next few days, most in which i am positive receive traffic. When registering that many names however, it gives me a bit of relief to know if I do make a mistake, its not perminant.

I called Monte and he is setting it up for me first thing in the morning.

Thanks again for all your help.
Andrew

WhoDatDog

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
You should be in good shape. When I was registering hundreds I wasn't deleting hundreds, but I was buying names so quick that when I went over my list after taking a breath I often would want to eliminate some. This was the type of hyper-activity that I am sure most of us went through when we first started accumulating. The word Restraint comes to mind. I ended up getting all of my money back and then some on those names, but it took me six months before I felt like I had streamlined the list enough to feel like I had accomplished my mission.

Steen

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
What's the most anyone's ever deleted in say, a four day time period without hearing about it (from their registrar, or higher?)

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Ashaw said:
No my intentions are not to register hundreds and delete them. I have a list of about 450-500 names I will be registering within the next few days, most in which i am positive receive traffic. When registering that many names however, it gives me a bit of relief to know if I do make a mistake, its not perminant.

I called Monte and he is setting it up for me first thing in the morning.

Thanks again for all your help.
Andrew

Did you tell him you may be deleting hundreds and see if that was ok?

Andrew Shaw

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Like I said, I will not be deleting hundreds, not 100, not 50, prob not even 20. My main concern is getting so caught up in registering, and making typo mistakes and the likes. I wont be registering just to test the traffic. The names I have picked out are names I have been researching for months on end. I dont support registering, testing and deleting, especially after talking to this guy on a personal basis. and I STRONGLY advise that noone else does either. If the system is taken advantage of, limits will be placed. As you can see, not many registrars allow such a thing, its something they DO NOT have to do.

WhoDatDog

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
If you have been researching these names for months then I can't see how you could make a mistake typing them in. There must be something else to it, but whatever it is, I hope you make a killing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom