Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Inbound IP traffic shaving at parked.com?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dnjackal

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Ok, so I own a domain that gets roughly 1500 uniques a day to it. I've owned it now for over 5 years, though the person that created the original site had owned it for a few years before that. Its a solid domain, over 8 years old, with a few hundred inbound links to it. Its on the same IP as roughly 150 of my other domains. Many of my websites have similiar content, and so there is alot interlinking between domains.

So heres my question. I parked this domain on Parked.com a few days ago, and though it was getting 1500 uniques a day, parked.com shows 1 unique per day, for each day, the last 4 days. If I own domainX.com, with IP 1.2.3.4, and domainY.com, on the same IP 1.2.3.4, and I park domainX.com at parked.com, do they shave the visitors coming to my parked domain, from domainY.com, because they are both on the same IP?

And I know its still nuts, because what about the other inbound links from other IP's that I'm not leasing? That traffic originate from unique IP's.

Has anyone else experienced this, or have an explanation for it?

Donny Simonton

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Could you send me the domain and I will look at it?

Just to clear something up, having a domain use the same ip as another domain does not matter to us or as far as I know any parking company. Visitors are based on what IP the visitor is coming from and not where you are hosting the domain.

1,500 uniques and we are showing only 1, definitely send me the domain(s) and I'll let you know what is the issue.

Donny

ohkus

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Could you guys please post the issue once it is found, I'm quite interested in this as well....

netfounder

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
as I know, PK would block these traffic
PK only permits unique IP

eq78

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
any answer to this DONNY 1500 vs 1 ? Thank you

Donny Simonton

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I don't really have an answer because I never got an example domain this was happening on so I could verify it.

Donny

dnjackal

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
It was on my end. It must have been a late night, that night. I thought I had forwarded the domain on the server, but turned out I hadn't.

Sorry for the confusion.

LucidPhoenix

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
It was on my end. It must have been a late night, that night. I thought I had forwarded the domain on the server, but turned out I hadn't.

Sorry for the confusion.

There is a lesson to learn here.

I am always amazed at how many people rush to a message board to make accusations and raise pointed questions without taking the time to triple check on their end. ( I have been guilty of the same thing years ago, and learned my lesson)

I give you credit for posting your mistake. Many other people would have just stayed out of the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom