Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Incorporated or incorporation???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mudrubble

Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I am new here, so hello to all. Here is my question. I am about to register a domain name, lets say it is flightplanincorporated. I look it up on overture.com (www.pixelfast.com/overture) where it will search and tell me how much money I can expect, per click, for the advertising that would match that domain name.

I find out that the word "incorporated" generates say 31 cents per click for advertising I can expect to receive from that word. However the word "incorporatION" produces 3.00 dollars per click!!

The problem is that I don't want the name flightplanincorporatION, but I do want incorporatED.

So tell me if this is a solution:

If I registered both names and set flightplanincorporaED to resolve to, or point to flightplanincorporatION, is this a good solution? The way I am seeing it, it allows me to capitalize on the incorporation advertising (at 3.00 instead of 0.31 per click!) but my readers can still type in www.flightplanincorporated.com and still get to my site.

Now I am new at this, so I am not sure if all my logic is straight with this. Can you all tell me? Am I missing anything or is this sound logic?? Thanks,

Chris

Duckinla

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You are misunderstanding the meaning of "incorporation". It does not mean the same as incorporated. Incorporated describes the status of a company. Incorporation is the process of getting there. They are not interchangeable and your result will be completley irrelevant adds. Flightplanincorporated is a reasonable name, Flightplanincorporation really doesn't make much sense.

Talkhost

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
You are misunderstanding the meaning of "incorporation". It does not mean the same as incorporated. Incorporated describes the status of a company. Incorporation is the process of getting there. They are not interchangeable and your result will be completley irrelevant adds. Flightplanincorporated is a reasonable name, Flightplanincorporation really doesn't make much sense.

I think he understands the meanings just fine.. He is saying that "incorporation" keyword pays more than "incorporated" but as I said before, the ads will be relevant to content and not domain name

Mudrubble

Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thank you both. They were both informative posts. Talkhost has me right in that I'm posing a hypothetical question about the money associated with certain keywords. You're right in that flightplanincorporation doesn't make much sense, but if it would make much dollars, I'd perhaps forego the cents.

Ha ha ha ha (ok, so it wasn't funny).

But I get both your points, and I much prefer the sensible Domain Name, that's why I wanted to also register it and have my users be able to remember it as incorporated, even if it resolved to incorporation, just to get some money out of it. With the advice that the domain name is not the major determinant of advertising content, it is probably a moot point. If either of you have anything to add, I'll take it. But I appreciate what you've told me so far. Thanks,

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom