Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Incorporating in Canada, Any Advice for Me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

insomnia

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I'm about to incorporate into an actual identity to protect myself and my assets. My partner and I basically develop sites from the ground up, so we figured its about time to become a real company, also because we're starting up some sites where legal liability could be an issue in this sue-happy culture.

Was wondering if anyone could help us out by giving some advice. Whats the process like? Estimated costs? We're in Ontario, but from what we've researched we'd probably want to incorporate federally because of the nature of our online business. If any Canadians in the same position could comment, would be much appreciated. Thanks

Domain Days 2024

zenlogo

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
My advise is to think twice. I know your seeking protection but you'll be adding tons of paperwork, accounting fees, annual reports etc. I did it for a few years and went back to good 'ol partnership.

insomnia

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
My advise is to think twice. I know your seeking protection but you'll be adding tons of paperwork, accounting fees, annual reports etc. I did it for a few years and went back to good 'ol partnership.

Not so sure being partnership incorporated would prevent liability in the case of being sued, correct?

Nice links DNP, will check em out!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom