Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

news India: New official subdomains

secura

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The in-domains are the domains of India. India has an English speaking, successful and wealthy middle class, which is eager to buy products from foreign countries. You can inform this target group by a website in English language.

The suffix "in" has a meaning in English. You can use this for promotion: Domains like teach.in and get.in become possible. You can form even sentences , in order to attract more visitors to your website:

stay.in/Paris

holidays.in/miami

boys.in/trouble

You can use the suffix .in to complete words. This is called a "domain hack":

uncerta.in
enterta.in
ascerta.in
porcela.in
constra.in
seroton.in
harlequ.in
cisplat.in
metform.in
chiefta.in
underla.in

The registry has formulated new policies for the registration and administration of in-domains. The goal is to make in-domains easier to use, and a way of making the Internet available to more Indian citizens. Unlimited registrations of indian domains is available in the following zones. Registration will be available freely to all parties worldwide, and there are no nexus or other qualifications:

• * .in
  • * co.in
  • * net.in
  • * org.in
  • * firm.in
  • * gen.in (general)
  • * ind.in (individuals)

The Indian registry announced today, that it is offering beside the mentioned zones above new official subdomains:

1. 5g.in
2. 6g.in
3. Ahmdabad.in
4. Ai.in
5. Am.in
6. Bihar.in
7. Biz.in
8. Business.in
9. Ca.in
10. Cn.in
11. Com.in
12. Coop.in
13. Cs.in
14. Delhi.in
15. Dr.in
16. Er.in
17. Gujarat.in
18. Info.in
19. Int.in
20. Internet.in
21. Io.in
22. Me.in
23. Pg.in
24. Post.in
25. Pro.in
26. Travel.in
27. Tv.in
28. Uk.in
29. Up.in
30. Us.in

Hans-Peter Oswald

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I've never looked into the .in market and would probably only use it if 1) there was a good suffix to make it memorable as you've laid out or 2) running a multinational corporation and opting to incorporate in India for whatever reasons.

I was under the impression that you couldn't have a secondary market for .in domains though? Or that was .cn... Can someone correct me there? Either way, 1 or 2 for me, and since I like the travel niche, something like stay.in and holiday.in would be perfect as I could set up endless sites on just one domain, city after city. :)

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom