Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

For Sale Industry Canada to start Investigation of CIRA

Status
Not open for further replies.

JonathanR

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
just go get me tnt ;)

Seriously, how does someone let tnt drop? Even if they don't know much about domains, you'd think they would see the value in it and ask someone what to do. I guess that's what keeps TBR days interesting!

ianccc

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Dear Mr. Clark:

On behalf of the Honourable Tony Clement, Minister of Industry, thank you for your email of November 26, 2010, regarding the Canadian Internet Registration Authority’s (CIRA) decision to stop the To Be Released (TBR) process of November 24, 2010. I regret the delay in replying to you.

As CIRA believed that the November TBR session was not fair and equitable to all participants, CIRA decided to cancel it.

CIRA is an independent not-for-profit corporation that manages the dot-ca domain space on behalf of all Canadians and determines the rules and procedures for dot-ca. While Industry Canada holds a non-voting seat on CIRA’s Board, Industry Canada is not directive in such matters.

If you would like more information on this matter, I encourage you to contact CIRA directly at www.cira.ca/support-contact-us/ or by telephone at 1-877-680-1411.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to write on this important issue.

Yours very truly,
Pamela Miller
Director General
Telecommunications Policy Branch
Strategic Policy Sector

-------------my response---------

Thanks Pamela for the "Canned" reply

This is January 20th - 2-months late I would say, do you think that this is acceptable?

Anyways so the "canned" response is "Contact CIRA" well if was an impartial group I would, so unless you plan to do something
I will publish your response to my website on the CIRA situation so other Canadians can see the effectiveness of the Honourable Tony Clement, Minister of Industry

Ian Clark

Last edited:

whitebark

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Tony Clement is just another waste of space Conservative minister. At least an election is in the air...

Want to really get worked up - try getting any answers about the actions of the CRTC.

fwdtech

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Can someone direct me to the thread where netfirms was holding a domain hostage until sent notification from CIRA?

whitebark

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Another canned response from Industry Canada:

CIRA is an independent not-for-profit corporation that manages the dot-ca domain space on behalf of all Canadians and determines the rules and procedures for dot-ca. While Industry Canada holds a non-voting seat on CIRA’s Board, Industry Canada is not directive in such matters.

If you would like more information, I encourage you to contact CIRA directly at www.cira.ca/support-contact-us/ or by telephone at 1 877-680-1411.

Yours very truly,

Tamara Sone

Our response:

So in other words they are allowed to do what they want as they want without any government oversight. And when a Canadian citizen has a problem with what they are doing our only redress is to try to get onto the exclusive board after the fact and attempt to roll something back?

Oversight of the .ca namespace for all Canadians right now is in the hands of a small group of industry insiders who dominate the board and operations. The reason I contacted Industry Canada was to point out one such glaring example - and I know I wasn't the only one who did. But in the end they will get away with anything because nobody really controls/oversees them.

Surely someone at Industry Canada must see the glaring problem with all that!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom