Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

For Sale Info change in Cira

Status
Not open for further replies.

hugegrowth

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Silly question, but if you want to change your registrant info in cira, how do you do it? Say you want to add a work or cel number, I can't see any links in my profile to do it when I log in. Do I have to actually contact Cira to do it?

Domain Days 2024

fwdtech

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
You have to change it at your registrar (namespro) and , once changed there, login to CIRA to approve the change.
(Namespro has 2 areas of change - one is for your account with them, and the other is your CIRA profile.)

If you do NOT want your telephone to be public, have at least 1 domain at 10dollar, as they have the complete number of fields in the CIRA profile. You can then enter your telephone number in the "Other telephone" field, which meets CIRA's requirements, but conceals your phone number even if you have public whois.
(I don't know why namespro doesn't have this field)

6sons

Level 4
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Not sure who your registrar(s) are but it depends on the registrars own systems. Some you are able to do that on their interface. Otherwise you should be able to send the registrar an email requesting the change. With phone numbers (as already stated by fwdtech) it is mandatory to provide one but you have the option of either a public or private view.

"Critical" change requests however (like admin email) has to go through cira. Same thing though - must be initiated through the registrar either from their interface or via your email request.

Kruwreka

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
OK here is a question.

I recently moved and changed the information on NamesPro. I received the email from CIRA regarding the critical changes confirmation but in the email all it lists is a change from the NamesPro privacy whois mailing address to a slightly modified NamesPro privacy whois mailing address. No mention of my new mailing address.

Same thing when I log into my CIRA account and click on the request to confirm. All it shows is my name and the NamesPro mailing address.

Am I missing something?

6sons

Level 4
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Not sure. The placeholders may be ambiguous. You can try something different to see how it displays and zero in that way. Otherwise best thing is to send them an email if you have followed procedure and it isnt working to your satisfaction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom