Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Info name at auction

Status
Not open for further replies.

MAllie

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I had an offer for a domain name and let it go to auction, more out of curiosity than anything else. But will anyone other than myself and the original offerer know that there's an auction on? This might seem a silly question, but then I am full of silly questions, so thanks for your tolerance. :)

Domain Days 2024

MAllie

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Ah. So what you are saying is that only domainers watch, and they watch just to see how the prices are going? Thanks for the reply. :)

S

SedoCoUk

Hello MAllie,

To answer your question, if you have had other recent bidders on the particular domain that you've pushed to auction, they will also receive email notification that your domain has been pushed into the Sedo auction.

Also, if your domain is a .COM or .NET domain, it will resolve onto the Sedo homepage towards the end of the auction period, in the "Featured Auctions" section on the right side. Please be aware that all current auctions are also accessible by clicking the "more" link below the "Featured Auctions" list on the homepage.

If a seller receives an offer on a domain, they will have the option of sending the domain to Sedo’s auction within 5 days of receiving the offer. Bid amounts then become public. If no other buyers bid on the domain while it is in the auction, the initial bidder will win the auction.

I hope this clarifies!

Monica

MAllie

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yes, thanks, that clarifies things, Monica- that is also my name :).

I had understood that if there are no further bids the first offer wins, but wanted to see how the auction system goes. The name is an info, so presumably won't show its head above the parapet. However, it was only registered recently and I am very pleased with the profit on what is a nice little name, with lots of possibilities for development and linking, both local and global. In anticipation I have already replaced it with another bunch of infos, before the GD sale is over.

S

SedoCoUk

I'm happy to have helped. Good luck with the sale!

Monica

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom