Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Interesting Article on CN domains

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diabro

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
From article:

"A year ago, the .cn county code Top Level Domain (ccTLD) for China was gaining fast and looked like it might overtake .com. In 2010, that's not quite the case, as overall demand for ccTLD registrations slowed, and VeriSign is reporting that .cn was actually on the decline.

According to VeriSign's report, the first quarter saw .cn slip from second place behind only .com to fourth place. In descending order, VeriSign's top 10 list of TLDs in the first quarter was: .com, .de, .net, .cn, uk, .org, .info, .nl, .eu and .ru."

Link:

http://www.enterprisenetworkingplanet.com/news/article.php/3887356

AMERICAR

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I am not renewing two .CN domains that i have owned for sometime because i dont see a way to transfer these domains even if i did happen to find a buyer for them .. the registries seem to be happy enough to accept my money for the renewal fee's but i doudt that i have any secure title to the domains .. a buyer would have to meet with the new .CN critea and i might have to as well in order to sell the domains ..

DTalk

DomainMan
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
China is too intrusive for my liking...They can, and do, change the rules on a whim..... .cn's are very risky domainer investments, imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom