Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Internet Collapse?! :|

Status
Not open for further replies.

AndyM1988

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Im not joking about this, it's really a bad crisis we must react to.

As impossable as it may seem, well, it is possable.

Maybe lately you have noticed a very large number of sites don't work or do not function correctly. It's all part of a virtual catastrophy that's in the making - it's been a thing in fear the last few years, but within the last few hours, some bizarre things have occured to strenghten the chance of it happening sooner than ever before.

The largest datacenter on the whole entire earth EV1, just went offline. Not all is known yet. This in turn created a chain reaction and now many servers and hosts, and sub-hosts and sub-sub-hosts (And so on) are down because of EV1 going offline, with millions of people affected - including myself, this affects me quite badly. EV1 got the affect of Hurricane Ivan and probably damanged their buildings and equipment.

Numerous places are also saying they can "Forsee the internet collapsing". Such as W3.org. And soon too. If "Internet 2" is not made more publically wide within a certain timeframe (we arn't sure when this could happen) then that could mean the end, or a restart of the whole thing.

Yeah, I know it seems kind of odd and rather impossable to picture, but with so many connections - our friend the Internet can't handle it anymore - it needs more connections, and fast connections; like fiber optics - which Internet2 is designed for.

Hopefully something will be done, soon.
An "Internet collapse" has been sighted in the past, but now it's a bigger risk than ever, and the world's biggest DataCenter going offline isn't a good thing at all..

If the internet collapses. So does everything with it (things can always be backed up of course - but backing up a large site like Yahoo would take ions, if it's even possable).

:/

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
ummm, ok, I think someone has been taking a few too many painkillers...

EV1 went down because of a hurricane, this doesnt mean the internet will end soon...does this mean TV and Radio will also end soon?

AndyM1988

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
But the internet can only hold so many connections and they are getting jammed up by all of the internet traffic, and if something isnt done about it - it could all just collapse.

A successful solution would be to give each country it's own central server, but the whole world shares the same internet. So it's pretty durn packed.

I collected this all from information while researching, but it is a very realistic possability :/

Luc

Old school
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
AndyM1988 said:
But the internet can only hold so many connections and they are getting jammed up by all of the internet traffic, and if something isnt done about it - it could all just collapse.

A successful solution would be to give each country it's own central server, but the whole world shares the same internet. So it's pretty durn packed.

I collected this all from information while researching, but it is a very realistic possability :/

first off, this is not the humor section, if you want, i can move this thread
there. though this is not THAT funny.

second. ev1 didn't go offline. i have several servers with them and they are
rock solid.

next, ev1 is in texas, nowhere near where the hurricane hit.

and finally, you should either put away that pipe for a while, or seek some
type of medical help.

peace!
luc l.

taboo

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Be easy, the "1988" in his username is very significant.

He's young, he doesn't know any better ;)

isdtv

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
No one can bring the entire internet down! Just one datacenter down doesnt mean the internet will end/collaspe either.

ozgression

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
There's an internet 2? :)

Americans and their sequels. :p

MediaHound

Former DNF Admin
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
EV1 never went down.
Put down and step away from the comic books.

AndyM1988

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Since when was I trying to be funny?
This is actually a serious issue as time goes on..

Namebrander

Level 10
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Sorry Andy but everytime I look at your avatar I can't help thinking he's even more worked up than you ! People have been predicting the end of the world for millenia too but it's still here (just about)
On a serious note you're right about the many security issues re: the net but like others have pointed out I don't think theres any immediate need for all of us to sell our domain portfolios for one cent each.

AndyM1988

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
What's wrong with sharing opinions or opening debates?
I was just expressing something I was concerned about and I thought was worthy of discussion and opinions from others, then everyone comes and nips me in the ass. Wow.

Luc

Old school
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
AndyM1988 said:
What's wrong with sharing opinions or opening debates?
I was just expressing something I was concerned about and I thought was worthy of discussion and opinions from others, then everyone comes and nips me in the ass. Wow.

it's mostly because your arguments didn't make any sense. also, your
"research" was not even close to the facts, as i pointed out above the
hurricane never hit EV1, and they never went down.

if you want people to take you SERIOUSLY, get serious and support your
discussion with facts.

peace,
luc l.

AndyM1988

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
As I said, I collected most of it from news (mainly from technology news) from places like Yahoo, and then various other discussions and pieced it together to try and make a formatted sheet kind of describing it. So if things to sound misleading, then sorry - I only based it off of researching things :/

stevey

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
one thing you gotta learn in life is never belive everything your told, networks are constantly being upgraded to handle the increase in traffic, to bring the internet to a stand still you would have to stop millions of networks. if you ever have done a trace route from your pc to a website you will see the route it takes, if one of thoughs roots is down it automatically takes the next quickest route, remember when everyone was saying the world will end at the stroke of midnight 2000, well were still here, and the inet will be here for along time, at the moment were still in the stone age of the inet, it only gets better...

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
stevey said:
remember when everyone was saying the world will end at the stroke of midnight 2000, well were still here, and the inet will be here for along time, at the moment were still in the stone age of the inet, it only gets better...
This thread reminded me of y2K also .. anyone need a bunker and 600 flashlight batteries :cheeky: going cheap!

AndyM1988

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Heh, speaking of which - I remember being in a chatroom on December 31, 1998 and I remember asking "What do you think will happen in the next 28 minutes?" and everyone was kind of talking depressed, confused, and unsure.

I guess you guys are right for the most part, I just hope the internet doesnt ever become *too* big where something like this actually did happen, or any type of catastrophie with it for that matter.

EV1 is still down, so is my host too - shux :/

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom