Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Internet Collapse?! :|

Status
Not open for further replies.

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Andy, EV1 is not down, your host is either lying to you or really needs to learn a thing or two about servers

DMaN

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Well we will probably see the end of the internet someday - you can almost bet on that one. Though the day may be years or less...or more away. We don't know. We do know, though that great inventions happen and things change.

However, I do say check your facts. The hurricane hit well enough away from EV1 and on the western side for that matter. Ev1 is a large company indeed although I do not believe it went down like everyone said. I have servers and sites with ev1 and noticed nothing myself. However, if it did go down there are certainly a lot of sites...however dcs have gone offline (take some of the northern ones in the blackouts) yet the net worked just fine.

There is always going to be a small minority predicting the doom of this or that...but, you can't always believe them.

MediaHound

Former DNF Admin
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
AndyM1988 said:
Heh, speaking of which - I remember being in a chatroom on December 31, 1998 and I remember asking "What do you think will happen in the next 28 minutes?" and everyone was kind of talking depressed, confused, and unsure.

Nobody was like: "...well, duh, we'll be in 1999 in 28 minutes.." ???

AndyM1988 said:
EV1 is still down

EV1 is not down.
Your ISP is down.
Go play here and tell us what you find:
www.dnsstuff.com

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
MediaHound said:
Nobody was like: "...well, duh, we'll be in 1999 in 28 minutes.."???

:-D :laugh: :eek:k:

Steen

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I thought ThePlanet has the worlds largest datacentre, and even that suprised me. I didn't think EV1 had the largest datacentre.

JuniperPark

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
AndyM1988 said:
Heh, speaking of which - I remember being in a chatroom on December 31, 1998 and I remember asking "What do you think will happen in the next 28 minutes?" and everyone was kind of talking depressed, confused, and unsure.

You were expecting to find normal, well-balanced people in an internet chatroom just before midnight on New Years' eve???

Step AWAY from the computer, young man. Go outside. That bright thing overhead, it's the sun....

MediaHound

Former DNF Admin
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
JuniperPark said:
You were expecting to find normal, well-balanced people in an internet chatroom just before midnight on New Years' eve???

Step AWAY from the computer, young man. Go outside. That bright thing overhead, it's the sun....

1999 comes after 1998

d:) :eek:k: :cheeky:

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom