Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

introducing... GoDaddy's "CashParking"

Status
Not open for further replies.

March2005

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
http://www.godaddy.com/gdshop/park/landing.asp

nraged

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Well anyone is intrested in this?

Ian

DNF Exclusive
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
a very interesting venture for godaddy to go at it with parking services. we`ll see once i`ve parked a few names with them.

dilpreet

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
well said namestrand.
Bravo.

t10host.com

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
this is great
Any one has experience

jimbaggs

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
namestrands said:
enom tried and hardly made a dent in the market.. and I trust Godaddy as much as I would trust a car thief with my car keys.

I tried eNom's program as a beta-tester last year. Trouble was both a low quality of optization and a low rev-share.

Being that they're my favored registrar I chocked it off as worth the try. But GD is my least favored major registrar. I doubt they will pull it off well at first, maybe after some time. You can bet though that most of their unsophisticated and uninformed clients are going to love them for it. They'll be like "Wow! I almost made enough money this year to pay my entire registration fees. Thanks GoDaddy!!!"

namestrands

The Bishop
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
yes definitely one for the noobs. but they have enough money and routes to market to really promote it, and no doubt we will see an influx of new domainers.

Who knows really, they would be wise to buy up a client base of an already established program, perhaps that will give them some credability with the big players..

But, hell would have to go through 4 ice ages before I would ever register a domain, nevermind park one with godaddy.

ColdGin

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
phineasphog said:
"Wow! I almost made enough money this year to pay my entire registration fees. Thanks GoDaddy!!!"

:clap2:

typeins

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
haha well i have to say i love enom as a registar.. i use them for the bulk of my portfolio.. that being said, one thing i HATE is if you let a name go into expired mode and then renew it.. even the same day, the DNS settings stay pointed at their parking program.. i didnt realise they did this because they never used to.. so when i went all the way through one of my accounts there which contains 3-400 names, i found a fair few of them were pointing to enom's parking program and i wasnt making a cent off it...

My own fault for not keeping my eye on that account.. but they should also let people know if they are going to change the way such things happen.

namestrands said:
enom tried and hardly made a dent in the market.. and I trust Godaddy as much as I would trust a car thief with my car keys.

namestrands

The Bishop
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
yeah that is a bummer, I make a point of doing a glabal update at least 3 times a week.

hmm, think I will need to have words with Laurie about this, as it really is not on.

typeins

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
laurie has always kicked butt.. she is the main reason i have always stayed with enom.. Great customer service any problem i have ever had she gets sorted right away.

jimbaggs

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
typeins said:
laurie has always kicked butt.. she is the main reason i have always stayed with enom.. Great customer service any problem i have ever had she gets sorted right away.

Laurie Rocks!!

What I'd like to see at eNom is a tool that lets you see at a glance what the DNS is, not just whether its using e's or not? And if its using urlredirect I'd like to see the urls.

namestrands

The Bishop
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It think its unanimous we all love Laurie... perhaps we should put together our own reward for "Outstanding Contribution to Domainers"

Yes I agree with you on this phin, would be nice to see. I really am not to keen on the beta tools at the moment. To Ajax for my liking.

jimbaggs

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
"Beta tools"? :clueless:

NameMatters

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
btw, I own ParkingCash.com! registered in 2004, hope they will not snatch this name from me. To add it, it's with Godaddy! :)

simon

Senior Exclusive Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
this is one of the very few parking service where the domainer has to pay money inorder to park the domains.
I doubt if the domainers will be willing to do it

DNjet

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
NameMatters said:
btw, I own ParkingCash.com! registered in 2004, hope they will not snatch this name from me. To add it, it's with Godaddy! :)

Maybe its just the opposite, maybe you have a copyright case on them :)

NameMatters

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
May be I can send them a C&D letter for a change this time! LOL.

thanks,

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom